Integration with Google Home

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have a new 5S and have linked it with Google Home.  I mostly access Google home from my IOS devices.  In the Google home app the camera is shown and I can get a live view for a few seconds before the feed stops.  My Pro 2s and essential stream ok.  Trying to get a full screen view of the camera fails for all devices.  All devices are at latest software/firmware.  

Is there a problem with the interface between google home and arlo?  Why does it only affect the 5S with dropped streaming?  Why can't the other cameras be streamed in full screen mode?

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jeff__h 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Jeff__h
Aspirant
Aspirant

Relinked Arlo…rebooted entire network.  Rebooted devices.  Checked signal strengths.  Check software and firmware versions.  Accessing the cameras in the Arlo app and everything works fine…though the new app is not exciting 😝.

the camera shows in Google as does the others. In my favorites I have an essential, pro 2 and the 5s.  They automatically start streaming when favorites is opened.  All cameras start then the 5s stops streaming while the other two continue.  On any camera if I select for full screen view, none of them steam which is a new problem.

Hope there is a fix as I rely a lot on Google for my home automation.

King regards.