Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IOS users - Good solution to Arlo's poor notification system

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Django68
Tutor
Tutor

IOS users we finally have a solution to better notifications! There is a free way to receive a phone call when arlo is triggered. Obviously much louder than the standard app notification..and goes on until you pick up the call..so no more missed notifications.  This uses the IFTTT app ('if this then that' automation app) - took me 5 minutes to set up and it works great.

- download  IFTTT app from appstore and register

- open app

- select 'create' - this will start the creation of the applet (automation process)

- next to  'if this', select 'add'

-in search bar type arlo and select

-select your trigger

-select ' create' trigger'

- next to 'then that'  select 'add'

- in search bar type  'voip' and select 'Voip calls'

-select 'call my device'

- select 'create action'

that's it ! make sure your arlo is armed for this to work

you need to create a separate applet for each device that is armed

I noticed that the phone rings only when the screen is off/locked mode. Otherwise I just get a notification banner

ARLO team - I suggest you figure out a way to communicate this to all your users - many of whom  have been waiting in frustration for years for a solution like this. 

2 REPLIES 2
mkub339
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried this solution with IFTTT but was triggering false motion detection. It did call my phone when I tested but when I left home and armed Arlo, I never got out of my neighborhood when my phone started ringing non stop. When I went to look at my cameras there was nothing triggering motion. Maybe I missed something but I disconnected from IFTTT.

Django68
Tutor
Tutor

Strange - I've never had this issue. I assume you created your own IFFTT rule -Have you tried using IFTTT call rules created by others to see if same thing happens ?