Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit With Arlo Ultra - Unable To Setup & Chat Continually Ended By Agent

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
unhappydude
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I am having issues with my Arlo Ultra. It just stopped working with HomeKit.

The app shows, HomeKit status not configured i.e. it says "Set Up".

I've removed the base station from Home, and then tried to proceed with setup. The app just sits at "Discovering your camera" and never progresses.

Reading in the forums here, I see that this is a common problem, it seems the HomeKit token on the device has to be reset. I lodged a support request. No response after two days. Just as a note, the whole support ticket system is terrible,  you see the ticket history in the ticket but only the last update, in a poorly rendered text box.

I've tried a chat. Every time, the chat starts I get the welcome message, I explain my situation, what is needed, it shows the messages read by agent, but I get no responses then a sudden "Chat Ended by Agent". This has happened 4 times and has wasted so much time.

I just want my device to work as promised.

Furthermore, what is the root cause of this? Why is the HomeKit device token requiring reset and why can't I do it myself?

Very unhappy with Arlo at the moment.

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi unhappydude,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

unhappydude
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has happened again! 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you clarify on what problem you're having? Do you mean you need a token reset for your Base Station/SmartHub?

unhappydude
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica,

My cameras have come off HomeKit again! When I select the base station in the app it shows “HomeKit -> Setup”. Selecting this it simply times out.

Last time the solution (also referred in other posts) required Arlo support to reset the HomeKit token on the base station, after which it allows the enrolment in HomeKit to complete.

I opened chat, explaining this, a ticket was opened, but it literally took weeks for someone to respond. I’m paying for Arlo subscription and completely underwhelmed by the support experience.

Please reset the HomeKit token on base station so I can get my cameras back in HomeKit.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

unhappydude
Aspirant
Aspirant
This didn’t work. It still can’t find the base station. I’ve power cycled it 3 times. Can you please try again?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've sent a token request to your SmartHub again. If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.