Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT connect fails with "Api key is incorrect"

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
bbramsted
Follower
Follower

Hi,

when I try to connect IFTTT to my Arlo, I get a big red error bar on oauth.arlo.com saying "Api key is incorrect".

Any suggestions?

Kr,

Brian

19 REPLIES 19
NielsV
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem here.
Robaaa
Tutor
Tutor

I am trying to integrate Samsung SmartThings with Arlo.

When linking my Arlo account in SmartThings and Arlo oauth asks me for my Arlo credentials, I get an error "Api key is incorrect" 

Grateful if anyone has any ideas??

BrendenTrory
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does the arlo skills app with Alexa EVER work?

arlo sort your life out or provide free chimes until you can actually write an api that works. It’s embarrassing and I realise how I perhaps should have bought a ring doorbell….
fishinmanfrank
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue.

Stephan905
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having the same issue, with both smartthings and Alexa

Stephan905
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with Smartthings and Amazon Alexa. Arlo must be down but the system indicator says that everything is up to date

Stephan905
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot connect my Arlo to any services such as Alexa and Smartthings 43kn8sfc4n591.png

pedro_
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm seeing the same thing; iOS 15.5, SmartThings 1.6.85. I suspect this may be a SmartThings issue ...

Robaaa
Tutor
Tutor

Interesting, why do you think it's a SmartThings issue?

• The issue is when authenticating using the Arlo oauth page, not a SmartThings page
  • User above reports the same issue with Alexa

pedro_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only because SmartThings has been updating regularly, but I now see that Arlo has also been updating too. So agreed - likely Arlo ... not highly regarded for tech support.

Robaaa
Tutor
Tutor

Oh dear. Made a ~$800 investment with Arlo and failing on day 1. I should have been more cautious 😞

pedro_
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm hoping Matter will improve things somewhat. Until then, I don't think this home automation caper is consumer-ready. It's only for the highly tech-inclined.

Robaaa
Tutor
Tutor

True it can be complicated - but authentication is just the basics! Hope this get fixed soon.

Do Arlo support ever reply on here?

curh
Star
Star

I was having issues so I unlinked my Arlo from Smartthings, and when I go to relink it, when on the arlo oauth page, I get an api key error.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your feedback, this issue with linking your partner integrated accounts should now be resolved. 

Please let me know if are still experiencing an issue.

Thank you 

fishinmanfrank
Tutor
Tutor

Works for me now. I was actually able to get it working this morning, but I found a workaround myself. I was poking around the SmartThings app, and ended up at the main menu, then hit settings, then went to Linked Services, and Arlo was actually in there, it just showed as Disconnected. Clicked on that, was able to connect it, and everything worked from there.

Stephan905
Aspirant
Aspirant

In smartthings Arlo Cameras with light show up as both a Camera and a light (so the light can be turned on via smartthings). However the light on the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight does not show up in smartthings. 

fridolin2177
Aspirant
Aspirant

For me it is still impossible to connect Arlo to IFTTT. I still get the message "API Key is incorrect". Thanks for your feedback...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@fridolin2177

Are you still experiencing this issue?