Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
JRD761
Tutor
Tutor

A couple months ago, I had IFTTT set up to arm/disarm my Arlo system via my Google Home device.

It worked perfectly..

But, I haven’t used it for a couple months and wanted to re-enable it all.

Today when I’m setting it up, every time I get a notification that “There was a problem processing the request”.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the IFTTT app.

I’ve tried setting it up using IFTTT on another device.

I’ve tried unlinking & relinking my IFTTT account to Arlo.

I’ve tried creating a new IFTTT account.

No matter what I try, it won’t work.

How do I fix this?

10 REPLIES 10
Airjy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here ...
Froid
Tutor
Tutor
I'm having the exact same issue as well...
mailen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue for me. It says "Arlo seems to be down right now".

Airjy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I gave a try to "Stringify", instead of IFTTT, and it works fine.

As IFTTT seems to be "not supported anymore" by ARLO, let's use something "usable" ...

Froid
Tutor
Tutor
I used Stringify successfully as well. Great alternative to IFTTT.
Markwah
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. Just got the system and a main reason was I could use it with IFTTT. Needs to be fixed ASAP
jakeinmotion
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same error. Initially I was trying to modify the notification settings, and when I got the error I tried disabling and re-enabling the applet, which returned the same error. I wasn't able to enable it again, so I unlinked my connection with IFTTT and Arlo, and then relinked. The same error appears when trying to make a new applet.
LucB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same problem, worked fine untill I wanted the system to be armed during vacation. Now I'm unable to re-enable the IFTTT applets for Arlo. It seems there are problems selecting the device it wants to arm. Before it just armed the whole system. Please fix this and don't let us have to switch over to another app.
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

Been like this the whole two months I've had my Arlo's... You can use IFTTT and Arlo as a trigger, say my Arlo detects motion, then turn on a light (if you have other smart devices), but not as an action to say, arm, or disarm, or record Arlo... Stringify works though.

Antonios-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same exact issue just today...