Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JohanC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have several recipes that are triggered by smart home products (ring bell, door sensors etc) that generate IFTTT triggers. However, although the recipe runs, nothing seems to be recorded by Arlo. At least I cannot find it back in the Arlo library. But when I look at another video and swipe to earlier recordings, there is something there but looks like it only recorded a picture... Anybody any thoughts on why it shows this behaviour and does not seem to record video images? Tx,

8 REPLIES 8
JamSam
Apprentice
Apprentice
Full disclosure I am not using IFTTT with Arlo, but the behavior you describe is consistent with viewing live (versus recording) in the app. The screen capture updates but no recording exists in the library. In the app you have to hit “record” after hitting “play” to capture what you are viewing to the library. Not sure if this is something you can work around or not.

Foil
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem. It appears when using IFTTT they don’t show in the library until you select another video (that was created by Arlo motion, rather than IFTTT) and then swipe you can see the IFTTT generated one. However no play controls and just a still image. So it seems it’s just taking a snapshot even when you configure the IFTTT rule to record video. This started happening in an iOS update for me) sometime in January. Support have no idea and just go through level 1 troubleshooting advice (FYI I did it all and even created new Arlo and IFTTT accounts and tried another phone) So now I’m just hoping a future update will fix it. 😞
JohanC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, you describe exactly my problem :-). I'm glad it's not just me (thought as well about setting up everything again from scratch). And indeed, I already thought that it was working before - and thus related to an update (either iOS or Alro FW). Let's hope Arlo fixes this issue, because like this the IFTTT integration is worthless...

Thanks!!

Dn2015
Guide
Guide

@JohanC @Foil   I too am having the same exact issue.  Had IFTTT triggers set up and working perfectly up through Jan/Feb.  With third party devices triggering video recording with my Arlo Pro cam.  It does seem to be a issue after an iOS update.  If you try to playback the IFTTT videos on desktop or Android devices,  it would work fine.  Another workaround is if you filter your library on an iOS device (but only to see the thumbnail and hear audio).

I have already informed @JamesC  about this issue, so he is aware of the problem.

If you guys are triggering using Gmail service like I am though, it seems that functionality from Gmail may be ending soon with a Google API update that is taking place at the end of March.

https://developers.googleblog.com/2018/10/elevating-user-trust-in-our-api.html

Foil
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looks like the last iOS update release a day or so ago didn’t fix it. I’ve tried uninstalling and clearing the library etc (all the steps support has previously asked me to do). So IFTTT triggered recordings do show up if you set the filter to show them and still no play/stop controls like a still image. However not sure if this recently changed yet I can download the still image to the camera roll and it will play as a video. Weird. So it’s recording properly just the app is still broken when it comes to being able to play them?!
Foil
Aspirant
Aspirant
Another iOS update and yet again these guys can’t fix it. So rather than contact support yet again and go through the tedious garbage of troubleshooting steps that go absolutely nowhere again, I’ll return the camera.
Coko
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was am Having this issue on Android. Ifttt runs recording recipes but library doesn't list recording.
Coko
Aspirant
Aspirant
Appears to be an issue with selecting library from device in app. If I go to library filter for all cameras AND any non-ifttt recordings exist for the date then I see the IFTT videos are listed as well for the cameras that only have ifttt recordings for the date.