Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
apertureTunnel
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I remove a single camera from HomeKit? When I try to remove a camera from Arlo’s Homekit setting page in the app it removes the entire base station, which makes zero sense. I have Arlo Pro 2 with base station VMB4500r2 latest firmware update.
Just give more context, I also use Homebridge and in Homebridge you can remove a camera from the Homekit app or the Bridge itself without removing the whole bridge. Same with Philips Hue, I can remove individual bulbs

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi apertureTunnel,

You can read here to learn how to remove a device from HomeKit: How do I manage HomeKit settings in the Arlo app?

apertureTunnel
Aspirant
Aspirant
You could’ve at least read my message before replying, I already told you I tried to remove a camera but instead it removes the whole basestation which removes all cameras from Home. The article doesn’t really specify a single camera and it takes about devices, and when I followed the instructions again it removes the whole basedtstion from Home
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

To remove a single camera, you will need to remove the camera from the Base Station in the Arlo app.

apertureTunnel
Aspirant
Aspirant
But that’s not a solution, I want the camera to remain in the Arlo app, but just not show up in home kit. Is there a technical limitation? I have an iPad setup as console for guests and I’d like to limit access to cameras in bedrooms and office.