Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo homekit official update by anyone at arlo??
447 REPLIES 447
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Expedy wrote:

Good advice, but like anything new, it will have shortcomings and glitches.  

That’s a given, for sure...but our collective tolerance to poor IoT software seems to very high.

That you can bring up all camera's live at same time is awesome; unlike Arlo app where you have to click on each cam.

Are you running on iOS?   I don’t see how to do that in the iOS Home Kit app.  I can see a bunch of cameras live in the Arlo app on my iPads ..no problem.

For the time being, if you want to record your Arlo in HomeKit just swipe down Control Center and click on Screen Record...

Yes and we can do screen shots as well.  I could even use my iPhone or camera to take a movie of the live video on my ipad.  My point was that basic functionality that exists in the Arlo app is missing in the Home Kit integration.

Note: since Arlo app update this morning, I got a very rudimentary Arlo cam control on my Apple Watch...

I have had images showing up on my Apple Watch for quite some time (which I really like), but I don’t see an Arlo app for the watch and I haven’t paid close attention to the notifications this morning to see if there is improved functionality there.  I’ll look more closely the next time one pops up.

tjhart87
Initiate
Initiate

Good to know. Not sure what my issue is then. 

Is your base station and cameras conneted to the same hub/beacon or to separate ones? Curious if I need all devices on the same device for initial setup.

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Apple Watch thing was weird. The only thing I can think of is I'm running IOS 13 and Watch OS 6.  That cam control screen never came up before, it was in black and white too...

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forgot to add; have you tried any Siri commands?  I tried, "hey Siri, start recording on Pool Camera."  Siri replied something unintelligible and it didn't record.

Adrian97c
Guide
Guide
This is what I get, no matter which option I choose, the 2 temp homes (that I never created) will not go away. & each time I refresh, this pop up keeps spamming me. WTH?
Adrian97c
Guide
Guide
Any idea? Should I hit “reset”, I don’t want to lose my actual Home (first on list).
illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice
Does anyone know if you are able to change the Arlo mode (armed, disarmed etc) using HomeKit? I can see the cameras in the Home app but can’t seem to find anywhere to change the mode
Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't think HomeKit is that far along just yet.   Maybe when 'Secure Video' is added next month to IOS 13, there might be some more settings.  I hope Beta 6 of IOS 13 has 'Secure Video' so we can try it out.  

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Someone else over on Twitter hit reset and it wiped out everything in HomeKit; had to start from scratch with of all his devices. 

sean7512
Star
Star

Still getting the same not certified message. Am I really the only one with this issue? Dang!

Davey242
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am not able to get the base stationed connected as a security device to arm/disarm. I do have this part running through homebridge. It would be nice to get rid of homebridge as alto is the only thing I use it for.

I am also running iOS 13, watchOS 6 beta. I do like how there is 0 delay with motion through homekit. There is a delay with the arlo app but with homekit even on my Apple Watch, the video is pretty much live (no recognizable delay in motion). Audio not working on the watch yet but does work on Mac, iPhone.
Homekit Notifications working and send a screenshot of the motion detected in the notification.
I haven’t tested the automations yet but plan is to turn on lights when motion detected
sean7512
Star
Star

I have followed Matthew McRae's advice on Twitter and it has now failed even sooner haha

https://twitter.com/mbmcrae/status/1158778451895001088

After unplugging/plugging the hub in, it now says the Basestation is invalid. Before it made it beyond here and said the camera was invalid....Yikes!

Not sure if that means there was progress? But something definitely changed.

illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Davey242 

Completely agree. I've been using Arlo Homebridge for the past year or so and it is great to be able to arm/disarm Arlo through the Home App, but like you I want to get rid of homebridge.  I will be hugely disappointed if Arlo are not implementing this feature. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@sean7512 wrote:

Still getting the same not certified message. Am I really the only one with this issue? Dang!

No.

I have the same issue.  During initial setup and then when looking at settings.

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Homebridge.  I read earlier either on this forum or Twitter where a user said to disable/remove Homebridge. After that it went smooth.

I tried a simple automation; turn on Hue Desk lamp via Arlo motion detection and it didn’t work. Maybe you’ll have better luck.

Roto_Head
Guide
Guide

Having the same problem as Sean, tried hard resetting the hub and deleted and reinstalled the app. Still no luck and getting the same message as Sean and his screenshot, "Uncertified Accessory" is all I get for the hub.  I'm on firmware 1.14.0.2_2776, Hardware is VMB4000r3

illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Expedy 

I've had no issues after removing Homebridge from the Home app, but still not able to add the Basestation as a security device to allow it to be armed/disarmed through Home. Is anyone able to do this?

Roto_Head
Guide
Guide

@DeeZuL , can you check to see if you have hub VMB4000 or is  it VMB4000r3 like mine and @sean7512 . I wonder if thats the issue that some of are having

Davey242
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just tried the motion automation and it did work. There is a delay before homekit sees the motion and triggers the notification and automation.
Arlo app notification came a few second before homekit.

FYI all I did was update the arlo app, add the base/cameras when prompted within the app. The only setup issue I have is if I do to any device info in the arlo app, it will add a new temp home which I cannot delete
LCSG49
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here. Been following on both Arlo and HomeKit subreddits and not addressed there. I knew about the HomeKit integration being in the pipeline for about 6 months so when the kit went on sale for prime day I grabbed it. Now I’m in the process of packing it up to send it back. I probably won’t order a more expensive system, either. I have other cameras on my home. I wanted one which would work with a doorbell to watch one area - my front step where amazon drivers pitch my packages. They won’t ring my bell despite a large sign. They don’t ring it because they don’t get close enough to reach it. They simply toss my boxes up from halfway up the steps. Motion in camera means I can see this. Ups puts packages on doormat so doorbell covers that. 

Boy am am I disappointed!

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was also able to setup Homekit this morning and everything was working just fine. Now Im at work, and i can't acess the cameras anymore, it says "No Response"

Any ideas? I already restart the Basestation and dindn't work. 

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
OK thanks. Maybe I didn’t give it enough time
tsh49
Initiate
Initiate
I keep getting a pop up to delete temporary home which will delete all my accessories.
illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice

It is amazing to me that Arlo have neglected to add the ability to change the Mode of the Base Station (Arm/Disarm) through the Homekit support they released today. This is such a simple addition and really a fundamental requirement of a security system that integrates with Homekit. The developer that created Homebridge-Arlo was able to implement this years ago and Arlo still can't.

Hopefully someone from Arlo can explain why this feature is not present. 

Expedy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here. I’m not home and cam Not Responding. Arlo app connects tho.