Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
aj22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a token reset as well?

Firmware: 1.17.1.2_3987_0e6c162
Hardware:VMB4000r3

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
aj22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried the steps of recycled power on the Base station as documented already. I also have the latest version of the app. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

NTGA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I seem to have the same problem but was originally told to reset my base station and then re-sync all the cameras.   Before climbing ladders and spending the day re-syncing 5 cameras, 

could you try a token reset and see if that clears up my HomeKit problem>?

Thank you in advance.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@NTGA

Thank you

dropped
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can i get my token reset as well please

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

dropped

Thank you

NTGA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - this fix worked.    

Please make sure the support team (who answers the chat) know about this fix.   They told me the only way to accomplish getting the device reconnected on HomeKit is to reset the base and re-sync all devices.

Stroodle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Never been able to connect my cameras to HomeKit. Gave up over time but just came back to the community again and see this token reset fix, is that an option available to me?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Stroodle

It sure is, I have reset your HomeKit token, please reboot your base station and try again. Also, please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.6 installed.

Thanks 

Stroodle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello Shane,
Thanks for the reset and info. I did restart the base station and confirmed all devices have the latest firmware as well as the app but during setup for HomeKit, no device is found now? Previously I would see it very quickly but in the next few steps it would fail. Now I can’t get by the first screen in the setup. Any ideas? I’ve tried different access points on the network, even though I can view the cameras in the Arlo app on any of them, with no change.
Stroodle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Shane,
Disregard the last post. It’s now working and I was able to set it up. Thanks.
DaDon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I get the token reset please. I have not been able to get HomeKit set up. When I try to set it up, it says it may take a few minutes but it never stops trying to connect. I have tried several times.

Base station is wired to router with extremely fast internet. Gigabit.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DaDon I have reset your token, please reboot your base and try again. 

Johanpeter
Aspirant
Aspirant
bluebrightfire
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi can I request a token reset. Apparently that’s what I need to do to fix my HomeKit connection problem 

1.17.1.2_3987 0e6c162

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bluebrightfire,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

DvxAznxvb
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DvxAznxvb,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Lasse_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. I’m having troubles connecting Arlo to HomeKit. Worked once before. Have 3 basestations. Token reset seems to be the key to this issue. Please send me that if thats what i need to fix my connection problem. Thanks. 

VMB4540r2          1.18.0.3_1136_d554faf

- VMB4540r2          1.18.0.3_1136_d554faf

- VMB5000r4          1.18.0.3_1197_d554faf

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lasse_,

JamesC

petermfox
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you reset my Homekit tokens please?

Millie821
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

Can I get a token reset as well to my base station?

Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

petermfox, Millie821

JamesC

Millie821
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

The token reset does not appear to have worked. I’ve powered off the base station twice. The HomeKit feature still does not show up in my Arlo app. I’ve tried uninstalling my Arlo app as well. Are there any other solutions? Thanks for you assistance.