Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit token needed.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rnbw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4000 base station which is listed as HomeKit compatible in the Arlo Support [article](https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-device-to-Apple-HomeKit) on setting up HomeKit.

There are no firmware updates available and I’m using the latest version of the Arlo Secure app.

There’s no setup code on my base station, so the article above says I can set it up with the steps below:

Launch the Arlo Secure app on your Apple device.
Tap Settings > My Devices.
Select an Arlo Base Station.
Tap HomeKit.
Select the Base Station you want to add to HomeKit.
Select a Home or tap Add New Home.

There’s no “HomeKit” button or setting in the Arlo Secure app under Settings/My Devices/Base Station. All I have is:

Time Zone
Flicker Adjustment
Device Info
Paired Devices
Storage Settings
Restart
Remove Device

I used to use the Arlo AppleTV app to view my cameras. Since that’s discontinued, I’d like to be able to see the feed via HomeKit.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Rnbw
Aspirant
Aspirant

That doesn’t seem to have changed anything. When I get to step 4 in the linked instructions, there’s no mention of “HomeKit” in the Arlo secure app, so nothing to click. 

When I click “add accessory” within Apple Home, it sees my Base Station but can’t add it without a HomeKit setup code, which I don’t have. 

What else can I do to connect this and regain the functionality that was taken away when the TV app was taken away?

Rnbw
Aspirant
Aspirant

As I noted a week ago, nothing has changed. I am unable to add my Arlo system to HomeKit using the steps provided in the article. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rnbw,

If you're still experiencing the same issue after the token reset, you may need to factory reset your base station, re-onboard and then attempt to set up HomeKit again.

For instructions on how to factory reset, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

JamesC