Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT Issues with person detection trigger on Arlo GO 2

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NIOS
Follower
Follower

Hi,

Seems like the person detection trigger does not work on Arlo Go 2. General motion detection works perfect, but that is not what I need.

When setting up the IFTTT with integration to an Arlo camera there are two functions available to chose from in order to to trigger it by motion, "Detects Object" and "Motion detected". The later will trigger it by any type of motion while if using to detect by objects you can select from Person, Animal and Vehicle. In my case I have the camera installed on my boat and there is a lot of motion going on at all time so I only want the IFTTT to go off when a person is detected. The person detection fires off by my Arlo cam as it should and I receive the notification to my phone by the Arlo app, but the IFTTT never triggers. When changing to general motion detection as the trigger in IFTTT it works at all time. Anyone else that experience the same or have the possibility to test?

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @NIOS

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.