Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit reset

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Johnnyfleet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there - I’m trying to set up HomeKit integration on my VMB4000r3. 

Reading all the other articles it seems to suggest I need a token reset for it to work (as I can’t see any options in the app nor a sticker on the base unit). 

Is it possible to have one generated please? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Johnnyfleet

Can you try removing and reinstalling the Arlo app.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Let me know how it goes. 

Das_cool
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShaneyS,

I have a similar issue. Can I get a token reset too please?

My Equipment:

Base Station

Firmware 1.19.0.3_1172_68a8e53

Hardware VMB4540r2

Thank you.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Das_cool

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

Johnnyfleet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne - I reset the device today via the arlo app. 

Sadly when powered back up I followed the instructions below but under the base station did not see a new option for Apple HomeKit. This was from the app on an iOS device.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-device-to-Apple-HomeKit > To setup an Arlo device without a setup code

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

To clarify, The HomeKit option is missing in the Arlo app settings? Which version of the Arlo app are you using? 

Johnnyfleet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - that's correct. I've attached some screenshots, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Also in the screenshots are the version numbers, but typed below as well: 

App Version: 3.6.8 (3421)

Base station model: VMB4000r3

Firmware version: 1.19.0.3_4074_68a8e53

IMG_0325.png

IMG_0326.png

IMG_0327.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Johnnyfleet

Can you try removing and reinstalling the Arlo app.

Johnnyfleet
Aspirant
Aspirant

How bizarre - removing and reinstalling the iOS app make the HomeKit option visible. 

Thanks - issue resolved. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Perfect, thanks for the update. 

TH-Fredrik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please reset my HomeKit token as well.

When trying to Set Up the HomeKit in the app, the apps hangs on "discovering your device" even when the phone is next to the Basestation.

Firmware: 1.19.0.3_4084_68a8e53

Hardware: VMB4000r3

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you

OCXSW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please reset my token as well. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling app and it did not work.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@OCXSW

Thank you

Patrakar
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS  @JamesC Can I please request a reset token for homekit as well? had to remove and readd the devices but stuck at discovering devices stage. I have tried removing and reinstalling the app, but that did not help. Thank you for your help. I have 2 hubs vmb5000r4 and vmb4000r3, would appreciate homekit setup help with both.

icedming87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

May I also get a reset token so I can add my cameras back after removing the base station.

Thank you! 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Patrakar, icedming87

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC