Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit not connecting

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Brandon86
Follower
Follower
I am having a problem adding devices to HomeKit. My base station and cameras says no updates available. My current firmware is 1.14.0.9_137_8e45094. When I try to setup HomeKit the spinning circle just keeps spinning. Any help would be appreciated!!!
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brandon86,

Are you following to instructions below? At what point do you experience the issue?

How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

kafka1970
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the VMB5000 Ultra kit. (It's not showing the model in the dropdown above). I'm also having the sane issue setting up HomeKit. It sticks in the Discovering your device phase. It doesn't pick up the base station. The base is online and I'm standing right next to it and the router so its not a connectivity issue. I've tried it several times with several different Apple devices with the same result.

kafka1970
Aspirant
Aspirant

and yes, I followed the instructions and verified the firmware was at the correct version.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You may need to remove and factory reset your SmartHub, then add it back to your Arlo account before you can discover it with HomeKit.

Take a look at the discussion on this here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8496236

JamesC

Harlo666
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey James, just got a pro 2 model number is vmb4500r2 and I can’t get it to link to home kit. Have gone through all the set up suggestions and resets, still won’t join. Any ideas to help me out?
Harlo666
Aspirant
Aspirant
All good, after removing and then rebuilding it is all synced, we golden