Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

spatel9114
Follower
Follower
I’ve set up my VMB4000 Base station with 1 Arlo Pro camera and 3 Arlo Essential cameras, and when I try and configure HomeKit on the base station, it gets stuck on the discovering step and won’t actually connect. Can I get some help?
783 REPLIES 783
Jim1217
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks... worked!

Sn1p4h
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there, I unplugged and replug fed in my base, waited for it to connect and it still did not work, I also tried to press the restart button inside the app for the base with no avail, please advise

Thanks!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sn1p4h,

If you're still experiencing an issue after i've sent you the token reset, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

WhoDoesItMatter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, I am having the same issues. Please could you send me a token. Thanks

Hazzr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC,

I have also been experiencing this issue since HomeKit support was released, and have only just stumbled upon a potential fix.

I have a VMB4000r3, and would appreciate a reset token aswell.

Yours sincerely,
Harry
Manyak
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

I’m getting the “uncertified accessory error.” on my basestation as well. Could I get a new token too?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WhoDoesItMatter, Hazzr, Manyak

I've sent a token reset request to your VMB4000 base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

WhoDoesItMatter
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

thanks for all your help. It worked. 

Manyak
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to set it up and now it's working great!

Thank you
Raveri80
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to set up my Pro 2 base station with Homekit. Am I able to have a new token sent to see if that will fix the issue as it has for others? Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Raveri80,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Smilee128
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

I would appreciate if you could please send a new token to one of my two VMB4000r3 base stations that could not connect to Apple HomeKit. I inadvertently deleted one from HomeKit and now has the 'Uncertified Accessory' problem while trying to set up HomeKit for it. The other base station is connected.

The one that has the 'Uncertified Accessory' problem needs a new token has serial number 4RE17271A002E.

Please let me know if there is any other details you need.

Thank you and kind regards.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Smilee128,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Alex401
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,
Could you please send me the token too?

Kind regards,
Alex
Alex401
Aspirant
Aspirant
Could someone please send me a token?
Regards,
Alex
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alex401,

JamesC

Alex401
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James. Home kit has now accepted the Arlo system. Just wish the token was part of a regular update or similar as the system was advertised to be “compatible in the future”.

Kind regards,
Alex
Angelicbiscuit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine isn’t even in the list when I try to set up HomeKit from the app. It shows my 3 light base station that is at another house but not my vmb4500r2
SteveBracey
Aspirant
Aspirant

im getting the message uncertified accessory please send me a token to reolve, many thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Angelicbiscuit, SteveBracey

Please send me a private message with the primary account email address you use to log in to your Arlo account and I will reset the HomeKit token.

JamesC

M_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem regarding the „not certified“ message when trying to integrate my Arlo system into HomeKit.

(I already tried resetting the base station, which did not solve the problem.)

Can you please send a token reset request to my base station to resolve the issue.

Keezppc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

I am also getting the uncertified accessory error when adding to the Home app. May I have a token sent as well?

Thanks
Ryan
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

M_W, Keezppc

JamesC

M_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JamesC 

Didn’t  work, unfortunately. The base station is still shown as not certified in the Apple Home app.

Removing the base station completely from the Arlo app and starting from scratch also didn’t fix things. (Can add the base station to the Arlo app just fine, but it’s indicated as not certified when trying to add it to HomeKit by going through the steps in the knowledge base article.)

Anything else I could try?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

M_W,

If you still are experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC