Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rturner34345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo... I think it’s ridiculous to have to use the cloud just to detect a person when the camera has a PIR built in. It should be able to send me alerts for everything including a person using heat detection only (no cloud). What happens when internet is down or slow uploads? Or your end is down?

In Arlo Smart, “All Other Motion” should be inclusive of people but not requiring the cloud analyzing.

Apples HomeKit Secure Video also takes this to the next level using CPU power I have in my Apple TV to analyze the video without the cloud.

2 REPLIES 2
rturner34345
Aspirant
Aspirant

It turns out I had a smart things subscription on my ultra cameras. I removed this for now and cameras are detecting all motion with less reliance on the cloud.

ittroll
Apprentice
Apprentice

HomeKit Secure Video sounds great; local image recognition/processing, encrypted video upload, and 10-days of free storage on iCloud. A solution which guarantees complete privacy.

Products from competing manufacturers announced their support at the event, but Netgear/Arlo were conspicuous in their absence.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Arlo Pro 2 - Because free is best.