Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chromecast stream Essential Camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tammy1975
Tutor
Tutor

I currently have the Pro 2 system with 5 cameras and 2 added essential spotlight cameras. My system is  integrated into my Google Nest and everything works fine. I can voice command my cameras to all of my existing chrome casts and smart tv’s throughout the house. My issue is I recently purchased an additional Chromecast to live stream to an existing monitor I had for my previous security system. 4 Pro 2 cameras work when streaming to the device but the other 3 don’t. Google nest says streaming then a white screen with the Arlo logo pops up on the monitor and after a minute the screen turns black then says “the camera stream cannot be played at this time”. Has anyone come across this  or know what the issue could be. 2 of the cameras not working are the essentials. 

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Tammy1975
Tutor
Tutor

I’ve reset, disconnected and reconnected cameras. Rebooted the Chromecast several times and nothing seems to have worked. I still keep seeing the white screen with the Arlo logo. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.