Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ProChris20
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello all,

I am really hoping someone can help me with my issue as so far I've not been able to fix the problem.

A couple of weeks ago Arlo had a systems outage in Europe and since then I can't view any of my Arlo Ultra or Arlo Pro 3 cameras via my Amazon Echo Show. When I ask "Alexa show me xx" it responds "XX isn't responding, please check it's network connection and power supply" but the cameras are connected and viewable in the Arlo app no problem so connection and power aren't the issue.

I have spoken to Amazon and followed steps they recommended which also didn't fix the issue either. I decided a full reset of everything was in order to at least try this as a late resort and once again Alexa gives the same response. I am running Arlo Ultra, Arlo Pro 3, Arlo Pro 2 and a single Arlo Essentials which the Pro 2 and Arlo Essentials will work on the Echo Show but when asking for any of the Ultra or Pro 3 I always get the not responding reply.

For the fully reset I created a brand new Amazon account t give it the best shot of working and reset my Arlo equipment so I am at a loss as to what else I can try. I have emailed Arlo but I am hoping someone here will have an idea?

Many thanks.

112 REPLIES 112
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

There has been an update that should help with this issue. Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue with your Amazon devices.

Cowfolder
Star
Star
Hi Shayne.
Yes it’s working now. I guess there’s been a firmware update? Anyhow all good now.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Cowfolder

That's Great news! thanks for the updates. Please keep me updated & I will be here to help as best I can.

Tapabrata
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello ShayneS,
This issue is occurring for me all the time. Kindly help.
Cowfolder
Star
Star
I can only advise to update all your apps. It’s working perfectly for me now so either Arlo or Amazon have made changes, frankly I don’t care which, I just wanted it to work!!
Stangle
Guide
Guide

If you have problems...delete the Alexa skill, reboot your router/Arlo base station and re-ad the skill.

Tapabrata
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you Cowfolder and Stangle,

I tried both your suggestions, but still no luck for me.

Can it be because I am using regular arlo base station?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Tapabrata

Your base station VMB3500 is not compatible with HomeKit. If you would like to use HomeKit, you will need the following Base station or Smart Hub Here.

Tapabrata
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you @ShayneS.

The information you provided is very helpful.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tapabrata

I'm glad I could clarify that for you. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Stangle
Guide
Guide

I have an earlier version of the base station that you do and I'm not having any problems. I have the first case station from around 2016 or so. You don't need HomeKit to use the Alexa camera viewing on an Echo Show or Spot.

You should just be able to link your Arlo set-up directly with Alexa (via the app on your phone). That is completed by walking through the steps in the Alexa Skill. Bypass HomeKit.

Tapabrata
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello @ Stangle,

Thank you for your message.

I am still unable to see arlo video feed in Echo show. Can you please elaborate on the steps to follow here.
Stangle
Guide
Guide

Still? Try this.

1. Disable the Alexa skill.
2. Power cycle all Alexa devices.

3. Power cycle modem, router, and Arlo base station.

4. Wait (make sure everything else is up and running and running properly)

5. Add the Alexa skill.
    https://skills-store.amazon.com/deeplink/dp/B01M0VSEAZ?deviceType=app&share&refSuffix=ss_copy
6. When you log in to the skill, make sure you use your primary Arlo account and not a secondary one (that you may have made for Home Assistant should you have done that, most people have not).
7. Test it. There is a delay of about 20-30 seconds for the camera for show the feed on Echo Show from when the command is given.

Hope that helps a bit.