Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ProChris20
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello all,

I am really hoping someone can help me with my issue as so far I've not been able to fix the problem.

A couple of weeks ago Arlo had a systems outage in Europe and since then I can't view any of my Arlo Ultra or Arlo Pro 3 cameras via my Amazon Echo Show. When I ask "Alexa show me xx" it responds "XX isn't responding, please check it's network connection and power supply" but the cameras are connected and viewable in the Arlo app no problem so connection and power aren't the issue.

I have spoken to Amazon and followed steps they recommended which also didn't fix the issue either. I decided a full reset of everything was in order to at least try this as a late resort and once again Alexa gives the same response. I am running Arlo Ultra, Arlo Pro 3, Arlo Pro 2 and a single Arlo Essentials which the Pro 2 and Arlo Essentials will work on the Echo Show but when asking for any of the Ultra or Pro 3 I always get the not responding reply.

For the fully reset I created a brand new Amazon account t give it the best shot of working and reset my Arlo equipment so I am at a loss as to what else I can try. I have emailed Arlo but I am hoping someone here will have an idea?

Many thanks.

112 REPLIES 112
dcfox1
Master
Master

I have the amazon firestick and it is hit or miss. I have removed them from Alexa app and re added them in the app and it works for a while. I get the Buffering error that times out or cam is not responding or the cam is busy.  Other then that the Pro3 works fine with Arlo app and web page. I don't use it that often though on firestick. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

The Arlo Development Team is currently investigating this issue with cameras not streaming with Amazon devices. May I ask if you can provide detailed device information on which devices you're trying to stream on?

Also, can you please try to stream, let it fail, then provide us a (TIME) of when you attempted to stream with your devices?

Thank you

dcfox1
Master
Master

Firestick gen2 SW 6.2.7.3 version 6241047.1

Just tried to connect and  2 cams said on alexa the cam is busy after 5 seconds. One said not responding and one worked. Just one at a time. Then I came back and tried again and some connected again and some did not. It is Hit and miss. 

Leeo
Tutor
Tutor
My pro 3 cameras have been working for the last week on my echo 5 every time I have Checked, there has been no issues now. Thank you for fixing it.
ProChris20
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine seems to be back working and have been for about a week now so Arlo has done something which it would be nice to know what it was that broke?

I do have an issue with the odd few cameras and the names they were before the bug because some now won't respond and I have had to change the name of them and then they work fine (I did test this before the fix). I named my Floodlight as Floodlight before and now Alexa won't show it but have had to change it to Arlo Floodlight and it works.

It does seem there is still a bug there but the main part is working again.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Tried it again at 5:08 pm EST and same result as the 3:37 post. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dcfox1

Thank you for providing the requested timestamp.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

May I ask which Fire OS Version your Amazon devices currently have installed?

Thank you

dcfox1
Master
Master

Fire OS 6.2.7.3 (NS6273/2773). Just checked for update. 

Cowfolder
Star
Star
Still not working with the pro 2 cameras. The older ones with the non rechargeable batteries work absolutely fine. I’ve got a Alexa firestick and an echo show.
If it’s any help it seems that on the newer cameras the request to Alexa just times out too quick. It takes a good 10-15 seconds to connect the older camera but once connected it’s solid as a rock. The newer camera seems to time out after around 5 seconds and gives the ‘Arlo is not responding............’ message
markg057
Tutor
Tutor
Experiencing the same issue with Arlo Pro 2 cameras in the way described by other users above. Opened a ticket with Arlo support.
Cowfolder
Star
Star
Hi Mark, can you advise of ticket no. So I can reference it when I call support.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Can you guys respond to ShaneS request for the Fire OS version you have. 

Cowfolder
Star
Star
Hi. The fire stick is Fire OS 5.2.7.4. The OS on the echo show is Fire OS 6.4.3.9.
I’m no expert (although I was a server engineer) but I don’t think the OS is relevant in this case.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the OS versions. I will continue to update this thread when more information is received. 

markg057
Tutor
Tutor
@Cowfolder. Sure. 42001086
Cowfolder
Star
Star
Hi.
This issue is still not fixed. Are there any updates?
DripDrop
Tutor
Tutor
Having the same issue. No problem with old Arlo Camera. My Arlo Pro 2 Cameras will not connect. Firestick OS 5.2.7.6. Arlo 3500 base version 2.21.3
Cowfolder
Star
Star
Hi. The support ticket is #42001086.
I’m going to call them today to see if there’s an update but please add your issue onto the ticket. Arlo seem to be taking forever to release a patch to fix this!
markg057
Tutor
Tutor
By far, the worst customer experience of any electronics company. Responses take over a week. They sent me some standard documentation on how to enable the skill in Alexa. Those did not work. Then they gathered a bunch of information from me including serial numbers of devices. After a long wait, they sent me a recommendation to try a different browser (!) or device. It doesn’t appear that anyone that Arlo is taking this issue seriously or is even troubleshooting.
Cowfolder
Star
Star
I have to agree. This issue was raised weeks, if not months ago. I’m not an expert but the answer to me seems obvious, the timeout on the request for the newer ( more expensive) cameras is too short, it fails to an error message before the device has time to connect. Surely some techie at Arlo has the wit to insert a like of code to delay the timeout or perhaps once they have our money they’re really not all that interested!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Cowfolder @markg057 @dcfox1

The Arlo development team is still looking in to this issue. Can you please provide a timeframe of when you attempted to perform the livestream and it failed. (Example: 12:15PM Pacific Time)

dcfox1
Master
Master

Tried it on Fire stick and it worked on 3 of 4 cams around 3:20PM EST today and again at 3;30PM  and  then I received "cam name not responding check network connection or power supply" on all used one at a time. They work fine on app and web right after each try. 

Cowfolder
Star
Star
Shayne,
With all due respect, this is not a time issue, it’s not an Amazon OS version issue. The members of this forum have answered all those questions and more. This is an Arlo issue in that the 2nd generation camera’s onwards don’t integrate with Alexa Show, the first gen ones are fine.
Please stop prevaricating with more spurious question regarding OS, environmental issues et al and just fix the code. Therein lies the problem.
Cowfolder
Star
Star
Shayne,
Can you not just buy a $50 Amazon Show, set it up in your lab, connect some cameras to it and see what the results are?