Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just replaced my ultra cameras for ultra 2 cameras and I can’t seem to add the basestation to HomeKit. The old basestation was added to HomeKit with no problems but the new one will not add, no matter what I do. I tried adding it from within the Arlo app and adding it in HomeKit and both ways it will not add. In the Arlo app, the app just stall at CONNECTING TO BRIDGE this may take a few minutes, and never connects. In HomeKit, it says “unable to add accessory, this accessory cannot be used with HomeKit.” I tried restarting the bridge, unplugging the bridge and about a dozen times of adding it with both my iPhone and my iPad with same results. Please help. I have special zones and times for arming set and cameras are all mounted so a full reset is a last resort that I really want to avoid. 

41599A12-9988-4ED4-9FB2-539A362420E7.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've sent a token reset request to your SmartHub, which hopefully will resolve the issue for you. Please reboot your SmartHub (remove and reapply power) and allow the SmartHub to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi RafS,

Try referring to this article to see if this may resolve the issue: When adding my Arlo base station to HomeKit, what should I do if I receive an Uncertified Accessory ...

RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a whole ultra 2 kit with a new basestation that’s definitely compatible with HomeKit. I removed the old basestation when I returned it to Best Buy and came home and set up the new kit and the new kit will not add to HomeKit no matter what I do. I can’t remove it from HomeKit because i can’t even add it to HomeKit. My cameras are all ultra 2 cameras and one ultra camera. I scanned the barcode that came with the package over a dozen times and it will not add the basestation. My old ultra kit was in HomeKit for two years without problems. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've sent a token reset request to your SmartHub, which hopefully will resolve the issue for you. Please reboot your SmartHub (remove and reapply power) and allow the SmartHub to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

I will do so as soon as I get home (about 4 hours) and get back to you with results. Thank you. 

RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hey there. Just got home, pulled the power to the basestation and after powering back up, everything works great and was able to add the basestation and cameras to HomeKit. Thank you very much for your help.