Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Drain after HomeKit update

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MrsTarango
Initiate
Initiate

Hi everybody. I’m hoping that maybe there are more people out there that have been having this issue and can help me out....Ever since the update that added HomeKit, my batteries in my cameras have taken a nose dive. For some reason I decided to connect HomeKit and I’ve regretted it ever since. I finally got rid of it yesterday after realizing that that has got to be the issue. Two of my three cameras have the Arlo solar panels connected to them and prior to the HomeKit update they had absolutely no issue keeping my batteries completely charged. After HomeKit I had a warning message telling me that one of them is not supported, although it still showed as charging so I just chalked it up to a glitch. Fast forward to yesterday when I realized that both of the solar panel camera batteries were drained to 22% and 24% and the camera that isn’t connected to a solar panel was at 15%!! Last night before going to bed I checked on the 15% camera status and it had gone from 15% at 8pm to 4% at 10pm to completely dead when I woke up at 6:30 this morning. That camera only gets triggered when my husband leaves for work, so it’s not like it is just going off like crazy.
Today I went out to check on one of the solar panel cameras, that for some reason was now not charging 🤬 Took it down, removed battery, resynced and put it back up. Got it all back in place and then it won’t connect 🤬🤬🤬🤬 Did a restart on my base and now both of the cameras that are still up are telling me they aren’t synced!!!!!! The third camera is currently sitting next to me charging.
What’s killing me is that until they decided to add this darn HomeKit bologna, I had no problems. None. Aside from the occasional resyncing. And now I have three cameras that have drained batteries and are now not synced.
I’m going to have my husband get up there and take the two down when he gets home from work and we will resync them but my goodness what a pain in the rear! Has anybody else noticed this issue since the update??? Please tell me I’m not alone. Btw, yes I pay for Arlo premiere.

Update, already: OH MY GOODNESS! Now both of the previously unsynced cameras have resynced themselves. I don’t know what’s going on with these things but I just wish they would work like they were before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MrsTarango
Initiate
Initiate
After setting them up with HomeKit. Since the day I posted when I removed my cameras and base from HomeKit and removing the HomeKit app, just to be sure, my cameras have once again charged and all has been good.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey MrsTarango,

Just want to be sure, did you setup your Arlo cameras with HomeKit or is this after the firmware update?

MrsTarango
Initiate
Initiate
After setting them up with HomeKit. Since the day I posted when I removed my cameras and base from HomeKit and removing the HomeKit app, just to be sure, my cameras have once again charged and all has been good.