Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
th23
Tutor
Tutor

Hey together,

since a few days or maybe weeks the connection to IFTTT seems to be not working anymore. I was before switching the status (arm/disarm) from an IFTTT trigger, which was working very well.

But suddenly it stopped, not showing any error on the IFTTT side - seems to issue the trigger (arm/disarm) as before, but the status of the Arlo Q is not changing

Anybody experiencing simmilar issues? Or can report, that IFTTT still works? Or even has a tip in case experienced some similar issue, but found a way to solve it?

Thanks and kind regards

Thorsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Illusion500
Guide
Guide

Fixed. Delete Arlo Q camera from app/web account.  Add as new device. I did not even have to adjust or refresh the IFTTT applets. It seems that as long as you add the new camera with the exact same name as you deleted, the applets work without modification.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
scubasteveyolo
Aspirant
Aspirant

YES! I have been having the same problem. Timeline was also mid-December 2020. I haven't found a solution yet. I've disconnected and reconnected IFTTT, but that hasn't worked. Unfortunately that is the extent of troubleshooting I can think of. Arming/Disarming within the Arlo app itself works as expected. No errors in connection are reported within IFTTT either.

th23
Tutor
Tutor

Hi scubasteveyolo,

at least good to know, that I am not alone with this issue...

In case you haven't done yet, would you mind opening also a ticket with Arlo here ( https://help.ifttt.com/hc/en-us/requests/new ) as they seem to only start investigating, if there is enough reports for a service / applet not working 😞

Kind regards

Thorsten

Illusion500
Guide
Guide

My Arm/Disarm stopped working 60 days ago and nothing I have tried has restored it. IFTTT shows the applets are executing, but the Arlo service does not respond

th23
Tutor
Tutor

Hey @Illusion500 ,

thanks for your response as well...seems realy to be a more general issue somwhere between IFTTT and Arlo. Would you mind to open an issue/ ticket as described above as well to increase the "pressure", please?

Thanks and kind regards

Thorsten

Illusion500
Guide
Guide

Okay, ticket issued per your request. After many hours of testing I have discovered:

The applets show as working, but the Arlos never arm/disarm anymore. Troubleshooting steps attempted so far include:

Signing out of and back into to services.
Deleting the applets and rebuilding from scratch.
Confirming current firmware on the Arlo Devices.
Confirming ability to arm/disarm cameras via web and app

This appears to be a problem specifically with the Arm/Disarm command for ArloQ cameras. I can successfully arm my Arlo Pro base station using IFTTT. I can successfully command an ArloQ camera to record using IFTTT. Only the Arm/Disarm commands for ArloQ cameras fail.

Jha444
Tutor
Tutor
We also have this problem. We opened a ticket with ifttt on November 30th. As others have indicated, applets with arm/disarm commands “run” when in actuality, do not do anything. We have tried many of the same troubleshooting steps as others have reported with no luck. We also wondered if it might be related to needing a passcode for voice commands (required for Alexa. It is unclear what is required for google home speakers, which is what we use). This also did not work. We hope this is resolved soon or that Arlo expands the voice commands that are compatible with google home.
th23
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, valuable information...I only have the Q series, which was working before. So there must be some sort of change being done for the Pro series, reflected in any interface to Arlo, which was not (properly) also done for the Q series!?

@Arlo team, this would be some good opportunity to support and engage your technical staff!

stupendous_octo
Initiate
Initiate

I also have problems with IFTTT and arlo arming and disarming since November.

I've tried creating new applets as well as enabling and disabled 2FA for Arlo but it is still not working.

th23
Tutor
Tutor

Hey together,

thanks for the various confirmatins and further information about the issue. Seems we will not fix it with the community wisdom.

I now opened a case / ticket with the Arlo support...

Seems the prioritize according to the amount of people affected 😉 Would you mind opening tickets with the similar issue please as well with them - in order to have some more attention on this topic!?

https://www.arlo.com/ContactUs/SupportRequest.aspx

Pm627
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue...just stopped arming/disarming in last few months.

th23
Tutor
Tutor

Sad to hear so many people affected...and Arlo is just ignoring the issue 🙄

I just got the answer from the Arlo support team, that they don't feel responsible for the Arm/Disarm command execution from 3rd party apps, even if they use their API.

Maybe, if some more people could raise the issue via tickets here!?

https://www.arlo.com/ContactUs/SupportRequest.aspx

Illusion500
Guide
Guide

Well, regrettably the open ticket with IFTTT has been closed with the response from them of:

I checked the logs for your Applets with Arlo and there are no errors logged by IFTTT. Each Applet run results in a "success" status code from Arlo when IFTTT calls it to perform an action (arm/disarm). We don't have any visibility beyond this status code, so I advise reaching out to Arlo customer service.

My open ticket with Arlo support on this matter is going as poorly as expected, but still open.

Illusion500
Guide
Guide

Fixed. Delete Arlo Q camera from app/web account.  Add as new device. I did not even have to adjust or refresh the IFTTT applets. It seems that as long as you add the new camera with the exact same name as you deleted, the applets work without modification.

th23
Tutor
Tutor

@Illusion500  Thanks for this hint...will try this asap - that would be cool, if this is all required to get it back working 🙂

scubasteveyolo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Success! Thanks for posting a solution
Jha444
Tutor
Tutor
Success!!!! Thank you
stupendous_octo
Initiate
Initiate

thank you! removing and adding the camera with the same name worked!

th23
Tutor
Tutor

Excellent, thanks again for this solution - it works!

A bit sad, that Arlo company has not been able for months to find the root cause - obviously something changed on their end - and provide a solution/hints 😞

Illusion500
Guide
Guide

I do have to give credit where credit is due. This was actually an official Arlo solution. I opened a support ticket with them in December 2020 regarding this issue. I refused to let the case close, always trying their solutions and updating/renewing the support ticket. Of course, most of those solutions were them just stringing me along, like delete your IFTTT account, Log out, etc. This went on until the request to delete and re-add, which honestly, I thought would be just another waste of time and effort, but I wanted to be able to say it failed when I replied to the ticket. I was speechless when it worked after months of back and forth.

Jha444
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for sticking with it! We were looking into replacing our Arlo cameras. We appreciate your effort!

th23
Tutor
Tutor

Okay, good to know...I still have an open topic/ticket with them as well, but we seem to not be at the stage yet, despite several ideas, requests, etc 😉

Pm627
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your solution worked.  Thanks so much!