Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo video doorbell doesn’t come up on Echo show when I say”Alexa show me the arlo doorbell” it just says waiting on arlo and then times out and says check connection.
3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @1113

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried almost every "solution" posted in the community forums for all of my problems and none of them work. I had set up my echo show to start streaming video as soon as motion is detected or the doorbell is pressed. I also had it set up so that I could say show me the doorbell and a message would come up "waiting for arlo" and it would start streaming a live feed from the door bell. After a couple of weeks it just stopped working. I called arlo after trying all of the "solutions" that were posted. After explaining the issues and being on hold, on and off for an hour, I was told that she had researched the issues with the technical team and her answer was that at this time there is no way to accomplish what I was asking!!! It was working for weeks so apparently arlo support doesn't appear to know how to set up there own devices or what they can do! The doorbell has even completely stopped working and the next day everything is working fine. The battery is fully charged and my wifi is working perfectly. If it was the wifi there would be several other devices not working but it is always only the arlo doorbell and when I check on the app and my phone it shows that the device is connected.  I love the doorbell when it was working but I think it is probably going to be too quirky (check online for all of the problems, the solutions given, and the number of customers stating that the solution doesn't work for them!)  for my liking and the best solution may to go with the new ring doorbell.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @1113

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 42341413