Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Since the HomeKit compatibly has been out for ultra I have not been able to connect to HomeKit. It’s stuck on devices found and will not find any. I’m up to date on the app updates, the cameras are all updated and the smart hub is on the latest version. I’m on the same WiFi as my hub too. I’m using an iPhone XS with the latest iOS. Any ideas? And I’ve reset my hub multiple times. (Attached screenshot of what I’m seeing when it can’t find any devices)
4 REPLIES 4
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
@JamesC any thoughts?
Ferro94
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same setup (Arlo Ultra/Smarthub and iPhoneX, all with latest firmware/Arlo app/OS X) and experience exactly the same problem. Setting up Homekit stalls while looking for cameras.
Also have a few Arlo Pro2 on an older base working perfectly fine with Homekit.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cwmmmm,

You may need to remove and factory reset your SmartHub, then add it back to your Arlo account before you can discover it with HomeKit.

Take a look at the discussion on this here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8496236

JamesC

DavidWK
Initiate
Initiate

I have a VMB4000r3, on firmware 1.16.1.1_3348_facf74c.  I have a few other devices on my Apple homekit, with an Apple TV4K as a hub.  My VMB4000r3 is attached by ethernet to my router/firewall, and my apple devices have a firewall rule allowing any connection.  The Arlo article on homekit under support indicates that I must be on the same WiFi network as the base station -- which is impossible, since the base station must be attached with ethernet, and the WiFI component is inaccessible to me (an issue for another time). 

The Arlo app's response to setup for homekit is to continuously search for devices, and never finding one.  There is no homekit code on or in my original box.  Thus, no homekit availability for my Arlo base station.