Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
VI
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am disapointed that I can not adjust the "push notification" sound.  Currently, the sound is not effective in waking me up when motion is detected.  I would like the option to pick a sound that lasts at least 5 seconds, and a sound to my liking.

If anyone has figured this out let me know.  I do not like to have my email notifcation on while I sleep because I get many emails during the night and it will keep me up.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sound for pushes is a factor of the device more than the Arlo system

If you go with IFTTT, you may be able to set up something else tho.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
VI
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey TomMac,

I have no idea of what IFTTT is...Is that on my cell phone?

VI
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi TomMac,  So I googled IFTTT,  I will have to research more to see how I can do this...Has anyone been able to change their sound for the ARLO notification?  If so, any directions would be great.  I have an iPhone 5S.  I have called tech support, but they have no solution for this notification issue.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

IFTTT requires external equipment... But if it was set up, you could make it sound an external device or turn on lights, etc.

It's the new smart home route.

As to the phone, nothing prob going to change the audio sound for a push unless your own phone settings allow it.

VORFT
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue with push notifications. I tried to change it in my Iphone 6 but I couldn't.
Maybe the app developer could address this and make some modifications..
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

VORFT wrote:
I have the same issue with push notifications. I tried to change it in my Iphone 6 but I couldn't.
Maybe the app developer could address this and make some modifications..

The push notifications sounds are device dependant and the app programers can't change that

Just like some phones allow diff ring tones for diff people

bwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just set up my 1st Arlo Camera.  All seems to work well, but am disappointed with the apparent inability to change the type of sound on push notifications.  This should be a priority for the tech folks at  ARLO to upgrade.  

Bryanderson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Notifications at night will not wake the avg person. Entire system is a risky proposition for that reason alone.