Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom Mode Settings reset

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jstrick5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Background info:

Running Arlo Pro cameras in conjunction with Samsung SmartThings hub.  Smartthings controls the Arlo Pro camera's and my hub mode is "SmartThings Custom Mode"

Issue:

Periodically, my Arlo Pro camera's will stop recording data when they sense motion.  What I've noticed is that when I go into the app under "Mode" and edit the SmartThings "custom mode", all or some of my camera names have lost the names I've given them and have reverted back to a random set of characters IE: My "Deck Camera" reverts back to "4Y42S0523L" which I'm assuming is the default camera name/id.

Further, the rules that apply to that camera are screwed up or revert to something strange.  So, what I have named my Deck Camera name reverts and then the rule says: 

If the following: "4Y42S0523L" (my Deck Camera) Detects Motion

then do the following: Patio Camera Do Nothing (or Record Video).

So the rule defaults to a different camera set to more often than not do nothing.

Sometimes I will check the settings and one or two cameras have reverted and the others are ok.  Today I checked b/c I wasn't getting recordings on movement and they were all reset.

Any suggestions?  I think this is likely a bug with the ArloPro API to SmartThings

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If it reverts back to the camera serial number, then you may have to use that in your custom rules

but I would fly off an email to support also...if they aren't aware ,they can't fix it

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jstrick5
Aspirant
Aspirant

When editing a mode the ability to name a camera something more descriptive is definitely supported.  It's editable and saves for a days/weeks/months randomly before resetting.  Leaving the camera the same as the serial is the default but from a user standpoint makes no sense as then you can't identify any of your cameras easily.

Does Netgear support actively monintor these posts and either comment or create bug tickets from them?