Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JSAUS83
Tutor
Tutor

After upgrading to iOS 15, cameras in HomeKit should now support Activity Zones and Recordings in the Apple Home app when you have an iCloud+ subscription. 

For some reason these options do not appear with my Arlo Ultra cameras. i've tried to remove the homekit integration from the Arlo app and re-added the cameras, but that didn't change anything. 

Anyone else have this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi JSAUS83,

Those features are available on HomeKit Secure Video, which we do not support HomeKit Secure Video at this time.

IgnacioMZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi! Does anyone know why no videos are recorded and no Arlo activity notifications appear in HomeKit?
Burl424
Aspirant
Aspirant
Maybe I miss, but Apple calling out support here no?

https://www.apple.com/ios/home/accessories/#section-camera
JSAUS83
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,

When will this be supported? We paid a lot of money for the hardware and we can only use bits of it unless the excessively priced and completely unnecessary subscription from Arlo is bought.

Same as there are no thumbnails on videos when you record locally.

It sounds like a cheap money grab to me.
memorycardj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've looked through the forums and found a few threads that have helped me get my Arlo system working with HomeKit.  Took some removing and adding of the basestations and cameras to get everything finally hooked up right but I got it done.

My question is with HomeKit Activity Zones.  I have the activity zones setup correctly in the Arlo app and the notification from the Arlo app are working correctly.  However, I get constant notifications from Home app and when I try to set up activity zones in Home app but the options aren't there.  What am I doing wrong?