Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"linking your Arlo account", there after i get an error message "could not reach arlo, please try ag

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Justmithun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently acquired a Google home hub, and I have an Arlo pro 2 base station and camera setup and in use for a few years.
When I try to link the Arlo to my Google home hub, i am prompted to authenticate my Arlo credentials, and when I proceed with it, i get a message "linking your Arlo account", there after i get an error message "could not reach arlo, please try again".

I have removed and readded both the base station and camera, with the same results.

I saw some article suggesting trying to sync from Google assistant, I tried that and still the same result.
My Arlo camera and base station are connected to the same wifi network and so is the Google home hub.
Any suggestions or solutions will be helpful.

5 REPLIES 5
Justmithun
Aspirant
Aspirant
How long does it usually take to get a response from the support team?
Also, I saw some articles regarding token reset, would that be applicable in this case as well?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Justmithun wrote:
How long does it usually take to get a response from the support team?

This is a user-user forum, so you aren't communicating with support here.

I'm tagging the mods, in case they can help:  @JamesC , @ShayneS 

@Justmithun wrote:

Also, I saw some articles regarding token reset, would that be applicable in this case as well?

No, that's only for Apple Homekit.

Justmithun
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you Stephen, appreciate your response and thank you for tagging the mods.
I understand it's not support per se, but there are ppl from Arlo that do respond, so was hoping I get a response or a solution from them.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Justmithun,

You mention following the instructions in an article, are you referring to this one? https://kb.arlo.com/000055108/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-devices-to-Google-Home-or-Google-Assistant

Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same network as the Google hub and the Arlo system when going through setup. At what point during the above process do you experiencing an issue?

JamesC

Justmithun
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,
First of all, thank you for your response.
To answer your question, the linking fails after Arlo credentials are verified. It accepts the credentials, since i am already signed into arlo on the device i am using. It then States linking to your Arlo account, then I get the message, could not reach Arlo, please try again.

Please note all devices are connected to the same wifi network.