Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q error message "Couldn't connect to SmarThings service. Try again later."

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
adavies2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to use my Arlo camera (motion detection) to turn on a z-wave light.  When I go into Smarthings and select "Devices" ... "Add Device" ... "Arlo" ..."Camera" ... "Tap List Below" ... and check the box for the camera that I want to add I get this error message ...

"Couldn't connect to SmarThings service. Try again later."

I think this is keeping my Smarthings Automation for working ... in other words the Arlo camera detects motion and records as it should but my Smarthings Automation to automatically turn on the light does not work ...

Any help is greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@adavies2018 

Are you using the new Smartthings app or the Classic one?

Brian

adavies2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have both installed on my phone ... Smartthings app and the Classic one ... shall I be using only one?

Thanks!

brh
Master
Master

@adavies2018 

you should be using the older Classic app until told to change over to the new one. 

Have you tried to create a custom rule in SHM? 

If your Smartthings app is seeing the Arlo camera, then first you need to have a routine selected to turn the camera on unless you are leaving Arlo in the Armed mode all the time and never turning the camera off.

If your light is connected to a smart plug you can click on the wheel at the top right of the home page in Smartthings and go to the Rules section. Under Custom, create a new custom rule to control the light to behave the way you want by turning the Smart Plug on or off with the rule. 

If the light is simply plugged into a wall outlet or is battery powered, you can use the Smart Lighting Smart App from the Marketplace.

Brian