Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q auto download files with IFTTT...

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cassidy
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, I try to create the better IFTTT recipe to auto-download the videos files from my Arlo Q ( or any other camera ) bibliotheque in Google Drive or any others comparable programs.

I already create the following :

If Arlo Q Motion Detect THEN Upload File from {{ URL }} ?? to Google Drive  etc etc...

So I decide to let this space empty .Results, the Arlo Q video are erase from the bibliotheque AND I have a .PNG file in the Google Drive folder create by IFTTT.

Here is a prinscreen to show where my Arlo information are missing...As a wish from many people who try since a year to download their files on their computer automatically OR in a alternative drive, this should be the best solution for now if you help me to resolve the empty questions....What should I wrote in :

File Url.....please answer this line to help me (work best with uploading files)

File name...please answer this line to help me ( no file extended needed) This is probably False and this is what cause the .PNG file ?

Driver path...please answer this line to help me ....this is where I found the .PNG files that can't be opened

So if you can help for a solution, it should be great 🙂 

Thanks,

Cassidy

Screenshot_2016-10-20-21-35-02.png

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cassidy,

I escalated your request and for security reasons we cannot provide the URL that would be needed to allow a recipe like this to work correctly.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I have a Python script that can be used to automatically download videos as a standalone method independent of .IFTTT or anything else. You can use your computer's scheduling capability to do this every day or manually as you wish. PM me your email address and I'll send off the script and instructions.
Cassidy
Luminary
Luminary

" I escalated your request and for security reasons we cannot provide the URL that would be needed to allow a recipe like this to work correctly." 

JamesC

Thanks James,  I hope you'll answer me this question and the way to do it with my account in private. The recipe I try send me a .PNG file...something is not correct in the recipe...

If level 2-3 or else can answer what to wrote in those 3 sections:

File Url.....please answer this line to help me (work best with uploading files)

File name...please answer this line to help me ( no file extended needed) This is probably False and this is what cause the .PNG file ?

Driver path...please answer this line to help me ....this is where I found the .PNG files that can't be opened

It should be OK....

Jguerdat : as I explain, I want a IFTTT recipe that make it possible automatically WITHOUT my need . I rarely use my computer since I discover I can do about everything (for my need) with my tablets...and even I don't need to open the computer,  I want to use all IFTTT  possibilities...but thanks...

I already have another alarm system that interact with my Arlo cameras with IFTTT...so...

Cassidy