Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
needhelp83
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Arlo:

Setup four unique rules (one for each camera) in Arlo "Smartthings" mode. Used SMH in SmartThings with "goodbye" automation to "Arm" the SMH and "turn on" each of the four cameras. It definitely works properly the first time. When I execute "I'm Back", the rules in Arlo are still correct (as I set them up).

The second time I execute the "goodbye" automation, all four rules in Arlo "Smartthings" mode revert back to defaults
* one rule for each camera with a name equal to each camera's serial number (I want to use functional names)
* all four rules set to trigger on motion or sound (I want to trigger only on motion)
* all four recording video settings put back to do nothing (I want record for 45s)
* Notifications set back to "Push Notification" (I want e-mail alerts)

Arlo Pro additionally:
I use the arlo pro camera since 2 days.
i get every minute a push notification because sounds are detected.
i updated in arlo the smartthings rule to disable sounds and updated the sensivity to 90 in smartthings.
after i disarm the system and perform the arm routine, everything is in factory setting in smartthings (smartthings: device settings in the arlo cam) and in the arlo app the smartthings routine also is back to the standard settings (sensivity 80, sound is on)

every change in the device settings in smartthings in the arlo cam work till i start a routine in smartthings. then every thing is in standard.

I need help.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There are a couple of threads now where using Smart things and the modes/rules change back to deafults after a short time....

I recommend that you contact Netgear Support as it may be a sw bug and they can't fix it if they are unaware.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic for further investigation. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Varundev
Tutor
Tutor
Same exact issue.
needhelp83
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks