Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Thyg0d
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi! 

Got my Arlo Pro setup (5 cameras) hooked up to Samsung Smartthings and the last weeks it's been behaving really strange. I've removed the Arlo cameras from both the base and from SmartThings and reset everything but it's still not working. 

The cameras can be used in both the Arlo app and in the ST app for live viewing.
The cameras reported movement & sound alerts to ST and triggered the alarm up until I removed the Arlo connection and reset the Arlo system. Now it doesn't always report movement nor sound to ST but it still records video on some cameras when ST is triggered by something else. I've disabled local storage to see if it help but it didn't. 

The Arlo system gets the Mode set to "Deactivated" from "Smartthings mode" a couple of time a day without me doing anything which adds to the confusion. 

How do I get a Arlo Tech to look at my logs to see what, first of all, is causing the change from Mode "Smartthings" to Mode "Deactivated"? and secondly, where and why the video doesn't get saved. 

TIA!
5 REPLIES 5
Thyg0d
Apprentice
Apprentice

Stopped using SmartThings mode and only use the Arlo modes Armed/disarmed now and the cameras still don't record.. 

I've set it up so that if one camera triggers all records. but I stil lhave two cameras not recording so this leads me to think somehting is wrong with the Arlo side of this.. 

How to get to the logs to perhaps get a chance to find the issues??

TIA!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thyg0d,

Have you rebooted your base station after removing smart things?

t4runr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue where the cameras stop detecting and recording.  Started around the same time as when the new app was installed.

I checked all the settings and re-booted base station.  Problem still hasn't resolved.

Also, when the app is opened, the device screen does not display the latest recording/activity (live view).  The time stamp is also off.

Thanks.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

There are no logs that the end user can look at. Logs are only on the arlo backend.

You're probably going to need to setup a custom mode for more flexibility rather than using the default armed mode. In your custom mode setup rules that say if cam1 detects motion record on 1. Then another that says if motion on cam1 record on 2, and so on. Keep the rules simple even if you need multiple rules to do what you think just one rule should do.

I have ST and Arlo and Arlo pilot all working fine. However I don't record on multiple cameras at once, although that shouldn't be an issue.

Also in ST go into Arlo Connect and make sure it's actually connected.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

You could be one of the lucky ones where talented Arlo Engineers are doing some work/update on their Software/Server side and you happen to be on that server so you're affected by it.. Do a system reboot/restart in a later time.. Maybe it comes back..