Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 camera not working with Google hub max; also arlo support not working...

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Oziosborne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive had two support phone calls lasting roughly 30min each before I was disconnected. The first one gave me a case number 41308483 and attempted to call back but since it had been 20min I was on the phone a second time already calling back. The second call never gave me a case number or call back. An hour of my time got us nowhere. I tried the support forum on the website which merely had 300 people with the same problem and complaint stating there was no resolution. I'd love for someone to help so I can get it working properly because the other option is to return them and get nest cameras which I do not like as much. The arlo pro 2 cameras are view-able on the arlo app and on the google home app on my android phone. On the google nest hub max they can be seen by the device but not viewed. One camera flashed a still from the camera for 2 seconds but otherwise it just pulls up a black screen that says "security camera." I did support with google (which was a little less stressful than arlos) and they sent me to arlo as everything was tried on their end. With the two phone calls, we tried resetting, unlinking and relinking the cameras and a few other things. The last guy told me it wouldn't work without a physical Ethernet to the google hub but as the hub has no Ethernet port and was able to briefly see a camera still I would suggest he's pretty incorrect. As I've wasted an hour with phone support with nothing but frustration and the support forum listed nothing but other people frustration at the same issue I was hoping to try email before I have to give up on the arlo product line. Thank you for any chance to reply and help me with this.

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Oziosborne

Have you tried to contact your case manager by email by chance?

Oziosborne
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got back in touch with the case worker last night and after another 30min on the phone was told that they were going to look into it further and call me back in another 30 min. No call back since then, I would try to email the case manager but I only have the donotreply@ email address nor do I have a case managers name. All of the emails I have received have a case number, no name and no usable return email address
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Oziosborne

I apologize for the inconvenience. I have escalated your case and customer support ill be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

MarcusSN
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have exactly the same issue. Apps stream ok, but Nest Hub just shows a black screen.