Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Amazon Echo Show 5 and Amazon doesn't recognize Arlo Baby device. Tried restarting.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mrdpark01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been using the Arlo baby and just bought the amazon echo show 5 and amazon said it doesn’t recognize the Arlo baby device. Tried restarting the Arlo several times. My ring cameras all show up on the echo show. Really disappointed. Anything netgear/Arlo can do to fix this ASAP?? I was also on the phone on hold for like 25 minutes and no one answered.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Mrdpark01,

When you mention that your Amazon Alexa device doesn't recognize the Arlo Baby device, have you tried removing the Arlo Alexa skill and re-adding it back on to see if that helps?

Mrdpark01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I'ved tried that a few times. Sometimes it connects and sometimes the Amazon echo says the Arlo is not responding. This is very frustrating given I purchased the Arlo due to the Amazon Echo integration. Can you let us know when this will be fixed?It seems like a lot of people complained about it. And it almost seems like false advertisement if it only connects sometimes. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.