Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 (VBM4000), Homekit and Orbi mesh network

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sbrass
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. I have a VBM4000r3 (all firmware up to date) connected via ethernet to my Orbi RBR50 Mesh system (also up to date, ) and I'm trying to set up Homekit. The Arlo app is unable to discover my base station - and I have tried on both my main Orbi and a satellite. I have restarted the Also Base station several times as well, but I haven't restored the Arlo to factory settings just yet. 

Reading other posts the issue is either (1) I need a token (if so, please send!) or (2) due to the orbi I don't have my Arlo basestation and my phone on the same wifi network (if so, what is the workaround - I don't see anything in the Arlo app or website that allows me to select a wifi connection.  

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sbrass wrote:

Hello. I have a VBM4000r3 (all firmware up to date) connected via ethernet to my Orbi RBR50 Mesh system (also up to date, ) and I'm trying to set up Homekit. The Arlo app is unable to discover my base station - and I have tried on both my main Orbi and a satellite. I have restarted the Also Base station several times as well, but I haven't restored the Arlo to factory settings just yet. 

Sorry, this isn't very clear.

Are the base and cameras online (forgetting about homekit)?  If they are, you need a token reset.  Just wait for the mods to get to it.  When they tell you it's been reset, then restart the base and try homekit again.

If you've removed the base/cameras from your account, and can't onboard them again; or if they are otherwise offline: Then you have a very different issue, and you should forget about homekit until you get things back on line.

Sbrass
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry it was unclear!  Yes the base and cameras are online. Everything is functioning individually as needed - I just can't get the Arlo app/iphone to discover the Arlo base station. All of the articles I read didn't make it clear how to approach when the Arlo system is getting internet via an ethernet connected to a Mesh system and therefore the arlo and iphone won't be on the same wifi network.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sbrass wrote:

Sorry it was unclear!  Yes the base and cameras are online. Everything is functioning individually as needed - I just can't get the Arlo app/iphone to discover the Arlo base station. 

"Online" means the cameras are onboarded to the account, and that you can livestream the cameras from the app or my.arlo.com.  Are you saying that that is working?

Sbrass
Aspirant
Aspirant

"Online" means the cameras are onboarded to the account, and that you can livestream the cameras from the app or my.arlo.com.  Are you saying that that is working?

Correct! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sbrass wrote:

Correct! 

Ok, then the base is also on-line.  It sounds like the issue is that you cannot connect the base to homekit.  

If that is the case, then you need token reset.  The mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) can take care of that for you.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

Sbrass
Aspirant
Aspirant

That did it!