Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
OlivierM
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Pro 2 (H8, firmware 1.092.0.19_26228)

Starting the app today on iPhone, it invited me to setup HomeKit !! YAhoo !!

Except that I stay stuck on this screen. There is no instruction or procedure aside of what you can read on the screenshot.

Tried to be near both cameras I have or close to the base ... nothing.

iPhone X, app version 2.7.7 (56) released april 9th, 2019

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

HomeKit is now available for Pro and Pro 2 cameras, for more information on this and how to set up with HomeKit, take a look here: Apple HomeKit is now compatible with Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras!

HomeKit compatibility for Ultra is slated to be released in Q4. We will keep you updated as new information arrives.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Lucas1981
Star
Star

Similar problem here. I updated the cameras and I see the homekit configuration to include the cameras on the system and nothing... waiting for long time. I think it is normal... I am sure it will be fixed soon.

d23wilson
Star
Star
Me too had the exact same experience when I awoke today (melb aus. 6am, so about 9 hours ago now)...and now the option to setup HomeKit devices has disappeared. No app update and no firmware update...a setting that is controlled by Arlo?
Lucas1981
Star
Star
Yes, I don’t have the HomeKit option too. I think they’ve found error on the configuration process... that would be the explanation because we have all the issue.
oddmud
Guide
Guide

I forgot to mention this in my other post. Im guessing this is my issue now as well. I remembered after seeing this post. I did try the homekit thingy, it stuck and now nothing works!

OlivierM
Tutor
Tutor
I confirm, the “HomeKit” menu has disappeared for me to now. Interesting. Without doing any firmware or app update. It might have been a “soft launch” that didn’t go well.
oddmud
Guide
Guide
Don’t stress, everyone is now having this issue. Firmware messed everything up, let’s see how long it takes for them to fix.
stevdb
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the exact same thing happen and issue with HomeKit. My Arlo Pro 2 security is now compromised. When will the fix for this HomeKit bug be available? Please advise ASAP.
oddmud
Guide
Guide
I retried this morning, still nothing. Removed all the devices and started from scratch, still won’t connect. Finds the cameras and sets them up, but won’t connect live or record video.
stevdb
Aspirant
Aspirant
oddmud
Guide
Guide
Probably not on an Easter Sunday.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

We're working to release firmware updates to allow for this integration to take place. We will make an announcement when HomeKit integration is completed.

Rmrobles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some days ago, my iPhone showed a message from Arlo to integrate with HomeKit, it said a virtual HomeKit code would be generated. I was in a hurry and cancelled. I know this integration is a new feature and I’m excited about.

Now I cant find where I can connect my Arlo Pro into HomeKit?

Tried everything.

halexmorph
Tutor
Tutor

Any update on when this fix will be coming? I received an alert that I could add my devices to homekit a week ago, but was not at home at the time.  The process failed saying I needed to be on my wifi to complete, and now I can't figure out how to get it back so I can try again. Assuming once this fix is out i'll get another alert and can complete.

Ryanr010284
Initiate
Initiate
Has a firmware update been fixed to address this??? The only reason I bough the camera was for HomeKit integration.
Sebastianchv
Aspirant
Aspirant
When are we going to have a new firmware?
BillDonna
Initiate
Initiate

We just purchased Arlo Pro 2    3-wire-free HD security cameras (VMS4330P-100NAS)

We are unable to connect to Apple Homekit.   Is there a setup code available for us to connect with Homekit?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

HomeKit is now available for Pro and Pro 2 cameras, for more information on this and how to set up with HomeKit, take a look here: Apple HomeKit is now compatible with Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras!

HomeKit compatibility for Ultra is slated to be released in Q4. We will keep you updated as new information arrives.