Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo - Live view not supported on this device (Alexa App)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ricardogordon1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo Community, Live View works on my Echo devices but does not work with my Alexa app, I have a couple of Pro 4 and Essentials, and none seem to support live view in the app. Any suggestions on how to fix? Note I have removed and installed the skill twice and also removed and discovered the cameras three times to no avail. Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ricardogordon1,

If it's working on your Echo devices, it sounds like you have it set up correctly. What happens when you try to live view in the app? Do you receive a specific error message? Do you have any trouble live streaming with the Arlo mobile app?

JamesC

ricardogordon1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Thanks for your response

The Arlo app works perfectly with no issue, but within the Alexa app (Android I haven't tried it on IOS)  I go to Devices > Cameras and see the message on all Arlo cameras "Arlo - Live view is not supported on this device" I am running Android 13 & Android 12L, so the latest versions

EbeyIsland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

Have you been able to figured this out yet?  I am having the same trouble and nothing I do works. I have the Arlo Ultra cameras with the base station VMB5000r4. Maybe the base station isn’t compatible?  Thanks for any ideas!

ricardogordon1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still no luck, working with Alexa support but their advice to uninstall and reinstall the skill did not work, ticket has been escalated I will let you know if I get resolution, good luck!

EbeyIsland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!  I’m going to keep trying too. Hopefully one of us can figure it out!