Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo HomeKit token reset

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
S_Weather_01
Follower
Follower

Hi everyone,
I’m actually unable to use my Arlo cameras with HomeKit. My Arlo app is up to date and it seems I need a token to reset my base station.
How to get this token ?
Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi S_Weather_01, Stefu_80, Atxwaldo,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Stefu_80
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm trying to add the base station (VMB4500r2) to my HomeKit system. The HomeKit discovery in the Arlo app in my mobile does not discover anything, it just keeps on searching. I've tried everything with no success:

-Reset/restart everything (iPhone, Arlo Base Station, Apple TV)

-Updated every device to its most up-to-date firmware

-Checked all wired and wireless LAN and Uplink connections and all are up and running

I've read something about a reset token...? Could this help? How can I get one?

Br

Stefan

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Please reset the token or if I can do this on my own tell me how. I get the Discovering Your Device Screen and it never finds anything.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi S_Weather_01, Stefu_80, Atxwaldo,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Stefu_80
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dear Jessica,

unfortunately the Token Reset had no effect on the issue even if I followed all the instructions.

How can I check if my device did receive the Token Reset? Any other workarounds?

Br
Stefan
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Stefu_80,

I've sent another token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

If you're still having problems trying to set up Apple HomeKit with your Arlo system, please contact the Support Team so they can further assist you. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.