Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
claydog
Initiate
Initiate

Hello and thanks in advance for your help!

I am running into what seems like a common issue integrating Arlo and Google Assistant/Google Home. When I follow the instructions in the Google Home app to set up a device Arlo shows up as a non connected service and when I click to set it up I get a brief message that says “Arlo linked” followed by another message that says “Something went wrong. Try Again”. The Arlo app is never opened to “authorize” the connection.

Because I have multiple Google accounts signing into my phone,  I can select a different email address from the upper right hand corner of the Google Home app...when I select any of my other email addresses I am taken to a “new” & empty google home where I can successfully add the arlo connection. The Arlo app automatically opens to a screen to authorize the connection. Strange, right? It appears to be some sort of issue specifically with my primary google account. 

To date I’ve been unsuccessful with working with Arlo support... I’ve deleted both the Arlo and Google home apps from my phone, reset the arlo base station, restarted the phone, etc. It’s the same situation and same pop ups each time. 

I’m using an iPhone 11 Pro version 14.6, the Arlo app version 3.2, the Google Home app version 2.37 and the Google Assistant app version 1.9.20109. 

Thanks in advance for any help y’all can provide!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
claydog
Initiate
Initiate
Hey I thought I would reply back and say that I was eventually able to get this working… Though I don’t know what exactly led to it being fixed. One of the last experiments I tried was going into the Google home app and logging in with another Gmail account I own in the upper right hand corner. When I selected another Google account it brought me to a new home set up page (still in the google home app) where I added Arlo as an integration and it ironically worked. And then deleted the integration and went back over to my primary Google account for my Google home app, and re-added Arlo and it worked.

This was an extremely frustrating experience and I’m sorry I can’t replicate my solution exactly for you, but I hope this helps as an experiment to try.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi claydog,

You mentioned you contacted the support team on your post. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

prues
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Jessica just wondering if you had a solution for this as I am having the exact same problem?
I am using Arlo Baby and have iPhone 12
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi prues,

Have you rebooting your Google Home device to see if the issue still happens?

You can also try removing your Arlo account from your Google Assistant account and re-connect it again. You can read here to learn how to re-add it back on: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to the Google Assistant app?

cmaxwell538
Tutor
Tutor
I am also having this issue. When I go to set up device, it asks me to log into Arlo. It says “Arlo is linked” and then “Something went wrong. Please try again.” Haven’t been successful in getting this hooked up and have tried a variety of options.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi cmaxwell538,

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps shown above?

cmaxwell538
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, yes I have. Any other suggestions? Thank you!
claydog
Initiate
Initiate
Hey I thought I would reply back and say that I was eventually able to get this working… Though I don’t know what exactly led to it being fixed. One of the last experiments I tried was going into the Google home app and logging in with another Gmail account I own in the upper right hand corner. When I selected another Google account it brought me to a new home set up page (still in the google home app) where I added Arlo as an integration and it ironically worked. And then deleted the integration and went back over to my primary Google account for my Google home app, and re-added Arlo and it worked.

This was an extremely frustrating experience and I’m sorry I can’t replicate my solution exactly for you, but I hope this helps as an experiment to try.
cmaxwell538
Tutor
Tutor
Hi! Thank you!! I did try this too and it did not work but I’ll give it another go, because, who knows! 🙂
cmaxwell538
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Jessica, I figured it out. You have to log into Arlo in the Google Assistant with the “parent account.” I am an invited user. Thank you!