Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
bhusband
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo Cameras works with Amazon Fire TV - Follow the steps below:

Enable the Arlo skill for your Amazon Echo

Link your Amazon Echo to your Amazon Fire TV under Movies, Video & Books

Select Fire TV

Then say Alexa show (use your camera name) it takes about 30 seconds to show on your TV.

Enjoy your Camera view on the big screen and use Amazon Echo for hands free control of your TV!☺

39 REPLIES 39
g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
Doesn't work with first gen fire stick unfortunately
MissouriMark
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah, they say it works on the latest Fire sticks. No matter what you do it either says the device it not responding, or it just sits and spins, never shows the camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic for further investigation. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Coko
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. I just get waiting fir Netgear message on the TV.
Mssbjh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do you have to be on a certain screen on the Fire TV?

Second my Alexa is saying that my camera can't do that. I have the skill enabled, I can see all my cameras on both ends on SmartThings and Alexa. And I have the skill enabled.
Thx Jill
Papavonmaxi
Star
Star

I have the same problem, it would be great, getting it running!!!

rb4321
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the fire stick 2 and Arlo have gone thru setup as instructed.  I am unable to get video on fire stick.  I am wondering if any body has got this to work.

bhusband
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have tried it on both my Fire TV box and Fire TV stick 2 nd gen and they both can display my cameras on my different TV screens.  I also have the latest Fire TV software installed Fire OS 5.2.6.0

I know the Arlo Alexa skill says works with the Amazon Show but it does work with any Amazon Echo when link to the Fire TV.

bhusband
Apprentice
Apprentice

No you don't have to be on a certain screen.  When the Echo skill is voice triggered it brings up the Netgear camera screen on the Fire TV my works by saying Alexa show front door.  Then waiting for Netgear takes 30 seconds my live view display on the TV screen.   My setup is very simple 5 Echos,  5 Arlo cameras,  1 base station,  1 Five TV box, 2 Fire TV sticks 2nd gen, 1 router and 1 modem.  I don't have any home automation hubs connected.   I have noticed that sometimes the Netgear Echo skill does sometimes stall and you may have to say the voice command a couple of times if it won't display in 30 seconds.

Kinz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've downloaded the app and linked everything but when I ask Alexa to show me a camera I keep getting "Sorry not supported on this version of Fire TV". Is this because I only have a Fire TV stick and not an actual Fire TV??
Papavonmaxi
Star
Star
I still have the same problem. Arlo says that Fire TV Stick 2. Generation and all Fire TVs are supported.. And same Users in Germany are able to use the skill sucessful. So far, no one can explain why....as soon as I‘v found the Solution, I will report Home.
MCPage
Initiate
Initiate

I found that saying the command "Alexa, show me the front door" 2 times did the trick.  It was always "Waiting for Netgear" and not showing the live video.  While it was stalled like that, saying the command a 2nd time to the Alexa seems to work.

Papavonmaxi
Star
Star

I really wonder about the Netgear Arlo Support. Neither here nor in Germany, they really care about this problem. There are still users without any problem and still users following the instructions to set up the Arlo Skill, but can't see any picture on Fire TV 2. Generation. It seems, that they even not have a Fire TV for testing.

Tcarter61
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you put your arlo camera into Live mode before you told alexa to go to camera?
Tcarter61
Aspirant
Aspirant
First make sure you link your echo to your fire TV stick. You can do this by voice command. Then make sure you have your Arlo camera in Live mode.
Papavonmaxi
Star
Star

It still does not work! I tried all hints, but Alexa says allways, that camera ist not supported in that device. I tried it with all new model of Fire TV and stick. Same negative result and answer!!!

Today, I received the new Echo Show. And it worked with the Echo Show from the beginning without any trouble.

BobbyO239
Aspirant
Aspirant
I went to the Fire TV app and made the request - Alexa Show XXXXX - it says it’s connecting to Netgear.. but it’s a step in a new direction
BobbyO239
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, I have it working but it takes time..

- start the arlo app on your phone (go to the camera you want and make it live)
- start the Fire TV app and say - show (camera name)
- open the Arlo App
- make sure the camera is in live mode
- be patient it takes a few minutes, at least it did the first time
- I also found that if I backed out of the request and then resubmitted it worked. I wouldn’t request different cameras if none of the requests have gone through.

You have to be quick when swapping
Don’t say Alexa when I’m the Fire TV app - just Say Show ___

Papavonmaxi
Star
Star
@Bobby0239

Thanks! That‘s the correct way to get it Running. As proposed, I used the RC of my Fire TV Stick 2.generation with voice input and asked Alexa to Show „camera 1“. This worked !!!!

I expected, that I can use each of my Echo‘s to ask „Alexa, Show camera 1 on Fire-TV Kitchen“. Or another Fire-TV/room-Name. That is still not working!
BobbyO239
Aspirant
Aspirant
It also works best if you have the Fire TV app going on 1 device and Arlo on another device in the live mode.

No sure how to edit posts sorry
Papavonmaxi
Star
Star
One additional comment: I could show all Cameras one after the other without activating live mode in the Arlo App..
Richml2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I belive there is a step missing in the setup.  After you link the arlo app with your alexa app be sure to add devices under smart home.  Everything worked after I did that.  Good Luck.

Eanfloyd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Check and see if you have any other devices or groups with similar names. That's what caused me problems. 

Mssbjh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Am I the only one that still cannot link deer Arlo cameras to and Alexa fire stick or spot? All I still get is" that device doesn't work on...". I never got the Netgear error. I've rebooted, restarted reinstalled everything and I still keep getting that same message for all 5 of my cameras! ( 3 pro and 3 Qs.). Help!
Jill