Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
sw0811
Star
Star

Hi,

I have been using my Arlo Baby on my two Alexa Show devices in my home and the connection will no longer work. I have tried many different things such as resetting devices on both ends, disabling the feature on my Alexa and then enabling, etc ... 

This used to work with no issues on my Alexa devices.

Please let me know if there is any way you could help me.

114 REPLIES 114
R1C8
Tutor
Tutor
This worked for me and then it didn’t. It’s like each time I want alexa to show the camera, I have to do that. Every. Time. Seems silly. Arlo, start to care about your customers. I’ve already reported to Amazon that you’re lying about the baby cam being compatible with the Echo shows.
leocalmon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes !!!! It Worked !!!!
🙌
myoder
Guide
Guide

I never did enable 2 factor authentication on my Arlo account, but I just disabled and enabled the Arlo skill on my Alexa account and it seems to be working again.

R1C8
Tutor
Tutor
It’s not working again 😭
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

Are you still experiencing this issue with your cameras & streaming with Amazon devices?

Ltscam
Tutor
Tutor
Mines been holding strong
rapowell
Aspirant
Aspirant

After I can get it to connect, it is now working again.  Of course, sometimes it connects on the first try and sometimes I have to try over and over again to get it to connect using the Show.  Connects every time using my phone.  Progress, I guess...

Thinkbigger
Tutor
Tutor
I made no changes and it started working again. I did not disable any skills nor did I change 2 factor Authentication so I assume something was changed either on the backend at Arlo or at Amazon. Does anyone know why it works all of a sudden when it was dead for months?
jhd121
Tutor
Tutor

Interesting... I may need to pull mine out of the closet, dust it off and give it a try again.

myoder
Guide
Guide

It's been working for me over the past week. I recently turned on the 2 factor authentication and it seems to still be working so far.

Nomad0792
Tutor
Tutor

Hey Shayne - So Echo Show 5 worked intermittently with the Arlo Baby, if at all. NOW, since I did what was suggested...remove the skill from Alexa and turn off (or turn on/then back off) 2-step authentication and that seems to have worked. HOWEVER, the monitor sits next to my bed so we can watch the baby all night and not once has the monitor still been on when we wake up. So, at some point in the night, it shuts off and thus we're not longer monitoring our child. So, we seem to have made some progress with the camera showing up on the Show when prompted, and it does stay on a reasonable amount of time if you were needing to monitor for an hour or so. We just need it to act like a monitor and I know the Amazon technology works with Arlo Baby because we use the Fire Tablet 7 as a monitor, but we want something that will stay in our bedroom and that's what the Show is for. 

Ltscam
Tutor
Tutor
I will say mine does drop the connection once at night. I go to bed at 11pm and normally within 30 mins it’s drops. I reconnect and it stays until 7-8am. I tried turning back on 2fa and it stopped working.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ltscam

You can view streams from your Arlo camera for a maximum of 30 minutes. If you view a stream for longer than 30 minutes, the Arlo app will stop streaming. To resume the stream, simply press the play button again.

The 30-minute streaming limit is implemented to avoid potential problems when a stream is accidentally left active.

Please find the following article here: Why has the Arlo app stopped live streaming?

R1C8
Tutor
Tutor
The camera is capable of live streaming longer. I use the app on an old phone since it’s not working with our Echo and 98% of the time, it stays on all night - not just 30 minutes. It’d be nice if the Echo would do the same.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved after a recent server update. If you still experience this issue please contact Arlo Tech Support