Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
sw0811
Star
Star

Hi,

I have been using my Arlo Baby on my two Alexa Show devices in my home and the connection will no longer work. I have tried many different things such as resetting devices on both ends, disabling the feature on my Alexa and then enabling, etc ... 

This used to work with no issues on my Alexa devices.

Please let me know if there is any way you could help me.

114 REPLIES 114
EvanMoore
Tutor
Tutor

Can we hurry up with the updates please? This is OBVIOUSLY a HUGE issue. Check out Reddit, check out this forum. ARLO....LISTEN UP, you are going to start bleeding customers if you can't figure out how to properly support them and the integrations you promise when we pony up big bucks for these cams. FYI...Wyze has a $20 camera with motion and streams to Alexa beautifully. Also, why does a BABY CAM, made for monitoring BABIES, only have a 30 min timeout on a web browser? Heaven forbid we actually want to .....oh I don't know....MONITOR OUR BABIES!!!!

Seriously, step it up Arlo. 

Patcheyfam
Guide
Guide
When will there be an update?
FSArlo82
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here. I bought the baby camera to use it with Alexa (since Arlo cancelled the launch of an Arlo display device).

I bought it in April, tested it, everything was fine. Now that I actually have the baby to monitor, it doesn't work anymore.

Fix it fast or I'll send you my wife (she is not happy about this...)!

jhd121
Tutor
Tutor

FSArlo82 are you going to return the camera or the baby? Best to read the return policies for each first.

DRebel
Tutor
Tutor
Everyone,

My wife is already requesting refunds and perhaps a wave of these requests will force them to realize the issue. They can’t ignore this forever and all we want is a response; otherwise we’ll have to send in all the bad reviews.
rafaelhousan
Initiate
Initiate

I bought my Arlo Baby cam last year and I just bought my Amazon Echo Show 5 in order to use as a monitor to my Baby Arlo  cam. I'd like to know when Arlo will fix this issue.

EvanMoore
Tutor
Tutor

Don't hold your breath. Arlo, and by extension, Netgear have essentially given their customer base a middle finger by destroying a feature that was there when we decided to purchase their product and now won't even have the decency to respond to their customer base about it. Cowards. Not too worry though, twitter and reddit are on to them and before long, they will lose enough repeat customers and revenue to perhaps start caring. But it will be too late. Sell off your arlo gear now while you still can and get something that works as advertised. That's my two cents. 

Jfabulous
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Can’t get it to work on Alexa show for over a month. Want a refund!!!
EvanMoore
Tutor
Tutor
It's too late for me, but get a refund if you can. Bait and switch. They don't care either... 0 star customer support. Never buy arlo or netgear anything ever again.
JmP2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates? Can someone from Arlo actually let us know what is going on? I dont want to have to get rid of all my alro gear because the baby arlo wont work on the SHow, but if it comes down to it I will have too. 

JmP2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bump?

Patcheyfam
Guide
Guide
I opened a case with support a few weeks ago and I’m actively working with their Level 2 support team. They are aware of the issue and are researching possible causes. I’m working through troubleshooting scenarios with them. and I did stress that a lot of other users are experiencing the same issue. Once I have some updates I’ll share them with you all.
R1C8
Tutor
Tutor
Please keep me updated. I, too, opened a case and they have been ignoring me and not helping me at all!
leocalmon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here!!!!!

waiting for a solution .....

Patcheyfam
Guide
Guide

UPDATE - They issued an RMA and I got a new device. Of course it still has the same issue....shocker. Waiting to hear back on next steps......stay tuned. 

Nomad0792
Tutor
Tutor
I own 10 arlo cameras and have invested a lot of time into your product. You guys have to step up your customer service to people Like us who are telling you about what issues arise. This is a very serious concern —- it’s our babies we’re talking about. I just bought an echo show under the assumption it will allow me to see my baby. All my other cameras work except for the baby arlo.
Nomad0792
Tutor
Tutor

I want to also add that I've been waiting to chat with an agent for over 30 minutes. I also pay for the storage services. I know I'm not the only who's invested much of their hard earned dollars into your products, but you guys need to figure out how to address these problems in a more timely fashion. WHY DO YOU HAVE SUCH TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE????!!! Come on Arlo! Take care of the people that have supported you and allowed you to grow. 

Hutz87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why does the echo show only display the nursery cam (baby arlo) for only a few quick seconds and than returns to the home screen? One of the main reasons I had purchased the echo show was for use as a monitor. When I had first got the echo show it would work fine. I’m sure since than it’s had updates and something has changed. I did pay for the echo show to other things I wanted it for the arlo monitor. Now if I want it to show the front door. Had no problem and doesn’t quit the stream. Only for the baby arlo will it not work for what I and I’m sure others who had purchased the echo for the same reasons. So this needs to be addressed and fixed! No excuses. I paid and I’m sure a lot of other people had paid money for the arlo cams and amazon echo show. I hate to leave a bad review but this really needs to be addressed which I’m sure it has been by now from all the complaints I have read online and this needs to be fixed now.
kbwildangel
Initiate
Initiate
My four cameras showed perfectly for a year a suddenly stopped. We have tried all of the things on this message board.
Reset up the skill
Unlink/link the cameras
Checked WiFi
Echo show says”please hold”, looks to be “trying” and then shuts off every time!!
So frustrating!!
XScola
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've tried enabling and disabling the skill, decreasing the resolution and rebooting everything.

This used to work for 20-30 minutes at a time, but now I get 5-10 seconds before the Echo Show reverts to its home screen.

Thank you
Autocreeper
Initiate
Initiate
I have now purchased and placed both a Ring Cam and a Wyze camera on our baby so that we can watch on Alexa/Echo. Like the rest of you, we cannot wait this long for a resolution.

rapowell
Aspirant
Aspirant

It used to work (though with occasional difficulty when first connecting) but something broke on either the Arlo or Amazon side and now one of my Echo Shows connects for a few seconds before disconnecting and the other two are stuck attempting to connect.  The lack of fix or worse, acknowledgment of the problem, has led me to write off Arlo as a future option for any of their products.  I picked up a Ring indoor camera and it works flawlessly..

AlSheffield
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've discovered today I'm having pretty much the exact same problem. None of my three of my Arlo Pro 2 Cameras will now display the feed on either of my Echo Show's although they did work fine several months ago.

When I ask it to show the feed, there is virtually no pause/attempt to connect before Alexa says the camera isn't responding. 

I've tried everything I can think several times each of including
- Disable and re-enable the Arlo UK Skill

- Remove and re-add the Cameras in the Alexa App 
- Reboot the Arlo Base

- Change the Device names in both Arlo and Alexa
- Reboot both Echo Shows

Very frustrating given this was working previously. I'm also on the same version of camera firmware as the last poster: 1.125.14.0_34_118

jnstrthr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Months of this and no response from Arlo. Certainly no fix. Arlo should be reaching out to everyone with a registered Baby camera proactively and working to fix this. Baby cam is worthless without being able to monitor it.
Ronald1388
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi guys, 

I know this has been mentioned before but has anyone actually come up with a solution to this issue. My baby arlo doesn't stream consistently to the echo show. Both devices updated, restarted and rebooted, and still no joy.

Like many I need to have the device be able to stream to a monitor and not my phone or laptop...it's redundant otherwise.

Thanks in advance

Ronald