Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dicofra
Follower
Follower

Hi All,

I recently purchased a new Arlo audio doorbell.

I wanted the doorbell to trigger a sound announcement on the Sonos One (Alexa enabled) via the Alexa Skills.

I only realized afterwards that it is not possible: this only works for Alexa Echo devices! And this was not really specified on the advertising material (of course).

I also tried to use IFTTT app to define an action. When selecting as Trigger service "Arlo", I can find "Detects Button Press" but apparently this supports only video doorbells, not audio doorbell! 

I mean I understand Arlo would want me to buy also an Arlo Chime but I do not understand why Video Doorbell is supported in IFTTT and Audio doorbell not. At the front door, I have already an Arlo Pro 2 camera installed and do not need a video doorbell.

I am already a loyal Arlo (Netgear) customer and feel honestly Arlo is trying only to maximize their profit.

Any tips?

Thanks  

Model: AAD1001 | Arlo Audio Doorbell
1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi dicofra,

We want to let you know there are other discussions on this topic in the Arlo Idea Exchange. I encourage you to visit this discussion and offer your support by adding a like and/or comment: Arlo Audio Doorbell-IFTTT integration, Adding more rules, Improve how to leave message