Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
rwinter
Guide
Guide

Trying to create an applet with the Arlo Arm action, when it gets to the screen to choose the target camera, it just says "Loading" in the combo box which never updates.

• I have disconnected and reconnected the Arlo service multiple times, however this doesn't fix it.
  • I have also successfully been able to setup an applet using the Arlo motion trigger, which gives the correct camera choices.
2 REPLIES 2
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

I've had my Arlo's for about 2 months now, and this has never worked. As you have noticed already you can only use Arlo to trigger something with IFTTT, but not as action.

For what it's worth. Arlo only allow's 3rd parties access to the default arm and disarm. I find that is not helpful because I NEVER totally disarm ALL of my camera's. I wish, and there are already requests for, that we had access to our custom modes. But that seems to fall on deaf ear's.

In the mean time, A lot of users myself included use Stringify you can use it in tandem with IFTTT as well. Stringify is like IFTTT on steroids. (see link below with a sample of my of my creations)

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/OK-google-amp-IFTTT-amp-Stringify-awesomeness/m-p/1483337/...

rwinter
Guide
Guide

Scott2ya wrote:

I've had my Arlo's for about 2 months now, and this has never worked. As you have noticed already you can only use Arlo to trigger something with IFTTT, but not as action.

For what it's worth. Arlo only allow's 3rd parties access to the default arm and disarm. I find that is not helpful because I NEVER totally disarm ALL of my camera's. I wish, and there are already requests for, that we had access to our custom modes. But that seems to fall on deaf ear's.

In the mean time, A lot of users myself included use Stringify you can use it in tandem with IFTTT as well. Stringify is like IFTTT on steroids. (see link below with a sample of my of my creations)

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/OK-google-amp-IFTTT-amp-Stringify-awesomeness/m-p/1483337/... 

Thanks Scott,

At the moment I just keep my camera armed all the time, then I have additional logic to decide whether alerts should be sent out based on presence detection in Home Assistant. This works pretty well so I probably won't bother trying to deal with the IFTTT/Arlo broken integration 🙂