Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
amorris101
Aspirant
Aspirant

What are the tradeoffs in regard to using the Arlo app and SmartThings?

I gather you cannot use both simultaneously. The Arlo Pro cameras or the base station can only connect to one or the other but not both simultaneously, I believe.

I read somewhere that Geofencing is available with the Arlo App but not with the SmartThings app.

What other Arlo App features are not available when using SmartThings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mitchellbrand
Star
Star
Hello! I have mine connected and setup with the Arlo app as well as SmartThings. When you set it up with smartthings it will make a special smartthings custom "mode" in the Arlo app. Then in the Arlo app I customized my smartthings mode to my liking. Then in my smartthings app I setup special conditions for recording events and such. The system has been great so far!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mitchellbrand
Star
Star
Hello! I have mine connected and setup with the Arlo app as well as SmartThings. When you set it up with smartthings it will make a special smartthings custom "mode" in the Arlo app. Then in the Arlo app I customized my smartthings mode to my liking. Then in my smartthings app I setup special conditions for recording events and such. The system has been great so far!
amorris101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! Being able to use both the Arlo app and the SmartThings app is a major plus for me.

mitchellbrand wrote:

jefftb
Tutor
Tutor

I am rather frustrated with my Arlo and Smartthings.  I followed the instructions at https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-integrate-my-Arlo-cameras-into-the-Sam... to setup my Smartthings with Arlo.

However-- when my Smartthings has me HOME, Arlo still keeps sensing motion and recording.  GRRRRRRRRRR

I don't know how to get Smartthings to tell Arlo I AM HOME and not be active.  

HELP!