Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
linagee
Follower
Follower

I have Alexa announcements set up and it's working for motion detection alerts. But when I define an activity zone, they are not being used by Alexa announcements. (I have a tree moving in the lower part of my image, specifically cut off by an activity zone, but I still get Alexa saying "motion detected".) Also, I don't get push notifications for these motion alerts.

Are push notifications using activity zones and Alexa integration not using activity zones?

5 REPLIES 5
Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Im having the same issue with alexa echo show. I get notifications for everything on alexa even thou i have my activity zone settings set up. The alexa skill app needs to be fixed/updated by arlo.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey linagee and Ziya,

Amazon Alexa announces on any motion detection; it doesn't announce for any set activity zones. 

Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can the alexa skill app not be updated to work for what ever it is set on phone. Ie activity zone?
Sime
Aspirant
Aspirant

My alexa skill is ignoring my activity zones !! it send a notification for all motions !!

Mobile app seem to work fine 

Is there anyway to fix this ?

Sime
Aspirant
Aspirant

i've also disabled the skill in Alexa , redefined the activity zones in the Arlo app then re connected the alexa skill, But still the same