Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Unlying
Initiate
Initiate

We need a way for the screen saver to not turn on when we are in full screen mode watching a live camera.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unlying,

Consider turning off the screensaver. Other Apple TV users seem to experience this as well. Take a look here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5949512?tstart=0

JamesC

Unlying
Initiate
Initiate
James,

I appreciate your response. Unfortunately I actually like the screen saver (we have seasonal photo albums) while playing music or things that don't involve looking at the screen on my Apple TV. I would assume that there is some functionality built into writing software for Apple TV that would disable the screen saver as an option since other video-based apps (Netflix, etc.) don't have a similar issue. Maybe an idea to pass onto the developers?
infinitebeard
Star
Star

I thought the Apple TV app was fantastic until I realised the screensaver hasn't been disabled? I noticed a discussion from 2017 where the suggestion is to turn the screensaver off system-wide, which I don't want to and shouldn't have to do. Can we expect a fix for this?

noahmehl
Initiate
Initiate

A big +1 here for this.  I'm sure the community would appreciate not having to disable the screensaver to view a device.  In our case, we want to watch the baby monitor.  This feels like pretty basic functionality...