Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
Jlight5
Follower
Follower

Hi there,

I'm reading other posts where customers are receiving token resets for their base station then power cycling in order for Apple HomeKit to pair with Arlo devices. Can I please have some assistance with this as well?

31 REPLIES 31
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

xlsbri03
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James my HomeKit also isn’t working can you send the token please.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

xlsbri03,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Scotytg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there, so I have the same issue, would you reset my token as well?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scotytg,

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am having the same issue as well where I cannot get past the “Discovering your device. Please wait.” and unable to add to HomeKit. Can you please assist as the phone support was unable to resolve my issues. 

Model

VMB5000r4

S/N 

5GH29177A283E

FW

1.21.1.0_1429_898b168

Nick-Leverett
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @JamesC 

As of yesterday, I am also having the same issue, where my cameras in HomeKit are not responding and I am unable to do the HomeKit Setup again as I get stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait".

I also have a VMB5000r4 running 1.21.1.0_1429_898b168

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JBuchanan63, Nick-Leverett

New firmware is now available resolving the issue some VMB5000 users were experiencing with HomeKit integration. Your SmartHub should have automatically received the update (version 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3) overnight. Please test again and let us know if you're still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

Nick-Leverett
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @JamesC 

After checking that the firmware was updated, and power cycling the base station, unfortunately the same issue still remains, and I cannot do the HomeKit setup. Please advise.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nick-Leverett,

JamesC

Nick-Leverett
Tutor
Tutor

Ok great, thank you @JamesC , that has now fixed the problem.

NatureScribe41
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a similar issue. @JamesC please reset my Homekit token.

NatureScribe41
Aspirant
Aspirant

Contacted live chat and resolved the issue with a toke reset and basestation reboot.

rodrigoeddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, May I have a token reset please?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rodrigoeddy,

JamesC

meran5497
Aspirant
Aspirant

Require token rest as well please. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jlight5 and @meran5497  I have reset the tokens for you both. You will need to reset the smarthub/base station. 

nattygsmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also am having this issue! My camera and doorbell weren't showing up in Apple Home like they used to, so I removed them. Now I'm trying to re-add them using the app, but it's stuck on the "Discovering your device..." screen. Please help!

Doorbell model AVD1001

Base station VMB4000r3

JDobber
Tutor
Tutor

I need the same token reset. I am also stuck on “Discovering your devices”

Balboaf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James:

can you send me a token reset please?🙏🏻 

thank you 

Oakbourne
Guide
Guide

Can I get a reset please? I’ve changed HomeKit hub and now stuck at discovering devices. Thanks.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

wanderingpilot
Aspirant
Aspirant

please send me a reset token too

2T0ez
Aspirant
Aspirant

May I have a token as well please?