Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Finnoy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried to connect my Arlo cameras to my home in Homekit, but it got stuck at “Discovering your device”. How do I fix this? I have the VMB5000 hub.
9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Finnoy,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Finnoy
Aspirant
Aspirant
This did not help, it is still stuck
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Finnoy,

If you're still experiencing an issue, you may need to remove, factory reset, and re-onboard your base station.

Take a look here for more information on how to do this: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

JamesC

Finnoy
Aspirant
Aspirant
After resetting the hub and adding it again, the problem is still there. Kan you try to send another token?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Finnoy,

I've sent another token reset.

JamesC

Finnoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I gave it a couple of days to process the token just in case, but the problem is still there. It gets stuck when I press "Homekit" 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Finnoy,

I encourage you to reach out to the Arlo support team to further investigate the issue. You can find support contact information within the Arlo Secure app under Settings > Support.

JamesC

BenjaminCole
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you please send a token refresh to my SmartHub also, having the same issue. Thanks. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BenjaminCole,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC