Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
Kway13
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Arlo base station I have is VMB4000r3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Kway13,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

jmmmmh
Guide
Guide

I need a reset token please, too. Thank you.

Kway13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you!!! Reset token 100% worked!!
Timmmah
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue - could I also get a token reset? Cheers!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi jmmmmh, Timmmah,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

jmmmmh
Guide
Guide

Thanks, works!

NielsV
Tutor
Tutor
samdale12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sir, Ma’am, I think I might need one of these token resets too. Would be amazing if we could action these ourselves!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi NielsV, samdale12,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

NielsV
Tutor
Tutor
Still can’t connect my base station with the homekit. I unplugged the base station en did a restart.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey NielsV,

I've sent a token request to your Base Station again. If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

jackattack
Aspirant
Aspirant
It seems I need another reset token sent. Nothin about my setup has changed. The Arlo app should have an option to send a reset token so that we don’t have to contact support every several months.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi jackattack,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Stationthat should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station(remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?