Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
Rkeng
Initiate
Initiate
The reset worked for me. Thanks. But this needs to be a feature in de Arlo app is you see how many people have this problem. Isn’t this possible Jessica?
Tamir55
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue
Apple Homekit stuck at "Discovering your device. Please Wait“

Can you please send me a reset token request ?

Thanks
mluisbrown
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem. When trying to add my devices to HomeKit it is stuck at “Searching for devices”. Can I also get a token reset?

Moreover, it’s absurd that this requires a support intervention? Will there be a firmware update that fixes this bug?

Thanks,
Michael
AndreaNY
Aspirant
Aspirant

I added my cameras to HomeKit a while ago, and everything seemed to work. Since last week, all the cameras show No Response in HomeKit. The cameras work fine in the Arlo app. If I go to the HomeKit Set up in the Arlo app, the app doesn't go past the Discovering your device page, with the gear spinning next to DEVICES FOUND. Any suggestions?

bobadelle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Ultra+ model vms5340

I require a token reset. How can I request this?
AMcCar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Problem resolved
smytperformance
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good morning Arlo,
Will you please send a token reset request to my base station?
Knappster22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Apple HomeKit base station token reset needed too. My system worked great until New Year’s Day. Then it would not connect. Used the Arlo app to get the HomeKit setting back on but nothing and then the HomeKit app. Reset base station, reset each camera, and tried several times but the base station will not show up in the HomeKit app or Arlo app. Please send me a token reset so it works again. Thanks.
Grakson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need to have the token reset on my Arlo bases. They were connected to apple homekit and then stopped working. When I try to add them it sits at the discovering page on my iPhone and does nothing. 

Zzyzx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue
Apple Homekit stuck at "Discovering your device. Please Wait“

Can you please send me a reset token request ?

Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi barlo, apnshirt, Brianh2021, jwj2, mluisbrown, AndreaNY, bobadelle, smytperformance, Knappster22, Grakson, Zzyzx,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

SRaga
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also here token reset to connect to HomeKit is needed!
Thanks
Knappster22
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi SRaga,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

sg6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a token reset for my hub as well (had to reset Homekit setup). And will this capability (e.g., self-service reset) be added to the app or web portal at any point in the future?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi sg6,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

sg6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks JessicaP! Resetting the token worked.

mluisbrown
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks JessicaP, the token reset worked.

However, could you please answer some questions about this issue?

Why is this token reset required? As the person doing the token reset requests, you must be more aware than anyone that  requesting resets via the community forums is not a solution that can scale. 

Are there any plans for a firmware update to fix this issue? 

Thanks,

Michael.

Olafant
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello same problem here. Can you please send me a token reset?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Olafant,

StarboardMA
Aspirant
Aspirant
HomeKit randomly stopped working with Arlo so I removed it from HomeKit, then rebooted everything and it just stays stuck on the discovering page. I saw on other pages that some kind of reset code was sent—could that be done for my device as well? Thanks in advance.
aburgherAU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - Am encountering the same issue as described on this thread with my setup. Are you able to assist?

Thanks.

Olafant
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi StarboardMA and aburgherAU,

Skaveny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you please make a token reset to my station to?